The Student Room Group

OCR 2016 AS Maths (non MEI) - Could I still get an A?

Well, I've just done my M1 exam, which did not go too well... over-complicated few questions and generally frustrated by the maths exams this year, as I've worked bloody hard for them and I consider myself good at maths.

I did OCR (non MEI) and in C1, I got 60 (out of 72), in C2 - 65/72, in M1 - 52/72... not great...

Would I still be able to get A, or is is defo a B? I really don't want to resit next year...

Thanks for your help!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Generally maths was quite difficult this year, so expect grade boundaries to be lower than usual.

You've definitely got quite a lot of UMS marks for core 1 i reckon that will be around 85 UMS and around the same in core 2. That means you only need to get a B (70 UMS) in M1 to come out with an A and last year 52 marks was a B.

You will definitely get a B, but you're border lining the A, it just depends how low the grade boundaries are. But I'm pretty confident you might just get it.
Reply 3
Original post by Bruce267099
Generally maths was quite difficult this year, so expect grade boundaries to be lower than usual.

You've definitely got quite a lot of UMS marks for core 1 i reckon that will be around 85 UMS and around the same in core 2. That means you only need to get a B (70 UMS) in M1 to come out with an A and last year 52 marks was a B.

You will definitely get a B, but you're border lining the A, it just depends how low the grade boundaries are. But I'm pretty confident you might just get it.

C1 record low boundary was 54/72- this paper was much harder.
C2- i reckon around 56 for A
S1- i reckon around 55 for an A?

Quick Reply

Latest