The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

What is Psychology like at King's?

I am thinking of applying to KCL, the league tables make it seem like a great place to go and the course seems interesting.
I have some questions about it though.
1)What is student satisfaction like at KCL? Obviously it is ranked quite low in that aspect, but is it as bad is it is made to seem? Will I be missing out on key parts of a student life (eg. nights out) if I go to KCL? Is it easy to bond with people from all backgrounds? Are there areas where students can congregate?
2)How stressful is the studying there? If someone has perspective from both KCL and another relatively good university that would be great.
3)What is the teaching like? The course is quite new, so do the lecturers seem inexperienced?
4)What is the application process like? If you got in (I assume you did), is there any insight you can give on how to optimise your application to KCL?
5)Obviously London is an expensive place to live. Will trying to save money and limiting your budget to quite low make life tough? As in, is cheap accommodation bad? Are all restaurants expensive as hell?
6)Would you recommend Psychology at KCL to someone who wants to go on to do a Masters and PHD? Is the KCL course tailored towards research?
Sorry if this was long...
Thanks though
Interested in hearing about this too if anyone could give some insight please!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply