Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Remainers. Stop using Joe Cox's death for your own political gain.

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Disgusting thread title.

So far most of the running in the cynical exploitation stakes for this horrible terrorist murder has been made by trolling right wing posters anxious to ensure that it doesn't get labelled as anything to do with the racist far-right violent atmosphere their endless hate messages have helped create.

(Original post by Snake_God 2.0)
    I keep seeing people using the death of an innocent woman to push their beliefs on people.

Its WRONG. Stop it NOW!
    i feel such remorse of an innocent women bening killed may she rest in peace and yeah i hate the fact that muslims always get labelled terrorist if this was to be a muslim but infact this guy who killed jo cox dint get labelled a terrorist what kind of justness is this?

From my analysis it's the right wing that have been exploiting this situation by screaming constantly accusations that the Remain campaign have been using this tragedy to get votes. I can probably imagine this is so that they can distance themselves from this. To ignore that the motives of this attack is ignorant. Pointing out the political nature of the attack is not political point scoring and stating facts is not propaganda.

To be honest a lot of the pro-Brexit campaigners have blood on their hands. It was inevitable that such a hate filled campaign screaming to the disillusioned and confused white working class about losing sovereignty, losing national identity and security and border control would not end well. It is a climate that to even state wishes to remain have seen people labeled a traitor to Queen and Country and a snake working for the current status quo.

It's amazing because when Lee Rigby was murdered the right wing were not hesitant whatsoever to condemn the attack for what it was - an Islamist terror attack. The British right wing have a lot to answer for with regards to this attack.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.