The Student Room Group

When to apply for 2017 foundation year and am I suitable?

--
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jimbob1141

The University i'm interested in is Durham and the course is Japanese Studies + Foundation year. Is this course competitive? and if I am suitable when would be the best time to apply? I cant seem to find other Universities offering this course with a foundation year.

Did they say they had no places for 2016 Entry? If not it might be worthwhile double-checking with them and applying now, assuming of course you are interested in starting sooner rather than later....

Posted from TSR Mobile
--
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
September 2017 would be best for me, the way things are right now. I want to have a decent amount of savings so i don't get into any unneeded trouble! I also need to give a decent amount of notice to my employer. Obviously unneeded trouble is the way of uni but i want to try and mitigate it a bit haha

Ah fair enough! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
--
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Thanks :smile: Do you know when the 2017 applications start? Is it possible to apply now for 2017? I need to research some more haha!

There's no rush... main deadline closes Jan 2017 :smile:
Thanks :smile: Do you know when the 2017 applications start? Is it possible to apply now for 2017? I need to research some more haha!

UCAS opens for 2017 entry in the second week of September and runs until 15th January 2017 for applications which are on time. Late applications are accepted up until 30th June for some courses, but by no means all. You don't need to apply now - indeed, you can't unless you are applying for deferred entry, and the universities won't be interested in those right now.
--
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending