The Student Room Group

Which course should I apply for?

Hello,
I need to start researching for universities soon, but I'm not sure which course to look for undergraduate studies. I'm aiming for Artificial Intelligence for masters in the future. So should it be software engineering or computer science for the bachelors degree (the undergraduate studies), And is it possible to do both together?
Thank you.
The Oxford course "Computer science and philosophy" might be useful, for example :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by StationToStation
The Oxford course "Computer science and philosophy" might be useful, for example :smile:

Thank you X3
Original post by Madako
Hello,
I need to start researching for universities soon, but I'm not sure which course to look for undergraduate studies. I'm aiming for Artificial Intelligence for masters in the future. So should it be software engineering or computer science for the bachelors degree (the undergraduate studies), And is it possible to do both together?
Thank you.

There is a continuum between Computer Science and Software Engineering: SE is at the applied end, while CS also teaches the underlying principles. Most decent universities will include topics from across that range, although different degrees will have different emphases. AI is certainly at the CS end. But in order to study AI properly, you need a good, fairly broad CS foundation.

Gavin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending