The Student Room Group

Petition to cancel EU referendum surges in wake of MP killing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miracle-
but I think its scary to think that the brexit campaign is not only allowing this right-wing fascism to become acceptable, but encouraging it.

Oh jog on will ya.

You simply cannot conflate right-wing fascism with the Brexit campaign, let alone claim Brexit "encourages" it.
Original post by Scott.
If the vote gets cancelled then it likely more people will die.

And you know this how? Are you threatening violence or do you know people who are?
Reply 22
Original post by Thutmose-III
And you know this how? Are you threatening violence or do you know people who are?

People will be livid. The right wing nutjobs won't let the law stand in their way.
Original post by tanyapotter
Everyone deserves the right to vote. Even if it is a disillusioned Brexiter ruining our economy.

You taking a hit at all Brexiters? or is it this loony Tommy Mair in particular?
The maybe qualifier was uneccessary. But given your obvious stupidity, I will explain it to you given your reading comprehension is clearly at a very low level.

I said it confirmed my reasoning. It is valid to say that, in addition to the economic and sovereignty issues, the attitude of the European Commission (people like Juncker saying "Deserters will not be welcomed":wink: and their UK surrogates speaks to their attitude about the people they govern and that I would be warranting that attitude if I gave it an imprimatur by voting Remain.

Having said all that, it's clear you're highly emotional and not very bright (the latter is very clear from your clunky, uneducated prose style) and so I perceive little profit in interacting with you further. Time to add you to my ignore list. Bye :smile:

Economic issues? There's a global consensus among economists that leaving the EU will be bad for our economy. You don't even need to ask experts, because our economy has already started to decline rapidly due to the possibility of leaving the EU. What economic issues are you referring to?

Sovereignty is made up. It isn't worth anything. You accuse me of being "highly emotional" while sabotaging our economy, rights, science and climate so you can feel like a big man with your sovereignty?

The European Commission reacts with hostility in response to an expensive smear campaign against them, and a campaign to damage them economically. How is this unreasonable? More importantly, how is damaging our country to spite some politicians in any way a reasonable or proportionate response?

You can act clever by insulting my writing, but it doesn't make your decision any less stupid.
And you know this how?

Me @ like half the Brexit campaign's arguments for the future of the UK.
I am signing the petition.

It is better done at another time.
Reply 27
The maybe qualifier was uneccessary. But given your obvious stupidity, I will explain it to you given your reading comprehension is clearly at a very low level.

I said it confirmed my reasoning. It is valid to say that, in addition to the economic and sovereignty issues, the attitude of the European Commission (people like Juncker saying "Deserters will not be welcomed":wink: and their UK surrogates speaks to their attitude about the people they govern and that I would be warranting that attitude if I gave it an imprimatur by voting Remain.

Having said all that, it's clear you're highly emotional and not very bright (the latter is very clear from your clunky, uneducated prose style) and so I perceive little profit in interacting with you further. Time to add you to my ignore list. Bye :smile:

Come on MostUncivilised no need to revert back to this *****sh behaviour again.
Original post by DougallnDougall
You ought to be ashamed of yourself for typing the above.

Why? He's correct. If you can't handle the truth that's your issue, not his.

tf6rEPq.png
Mrs Cox was campaigning to stay, lets not her good work go to waste, whether you are in or not, she campaigned to remain and the least we can do is honour her work by holding the referendum.
Original post by KimKallstrom

That doesn't make any sense. Why would you pay 5000 dollars to cross the ocean for free dental treatment
Original post by MildredMalone
Which part is incorrect? Aylan drowned because his father wanted to leave their home in Turkey, and he wanted free dental care. So where did I go wrong?

Well, that entire thing.

That is completely made up Right Wing nutjobs.

Why would anyone pay 5000 dollars to go across to get "free" dental care?
Original post by KimKallstrom

tf6rEPq.png

Whose truth? It isn't mine nor any decent minded person I know either. People don't risk their lives crossing the ocean to see dentists. That is absurd, ridiculous and the kind of emotive smears promoted by nasty dangerous idiots.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, that entire thing.

That is completely made up Right Wing nutjobs.

Why would anyone pay 5000 dollars to go across to get "free" dental care?

Plz link where you got this information?
Original post by MildredMalone
Plz link where you got this information?

Do you think smugglers give it for free?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/aylan-kurdi-death-trial-people-smugglers-accused-of-killing-three-year-old-syrian-a6866821.html

4000 euros charged. About 5000 dollars back then.

Seriously, all this story required was some common sense. If his teeth had been knocked out, you won't get a replacement that is covered under free dental healthcare.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Do you think smugglers give it for free?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/aylan-kurdi-death-trial-people-smugglers-accused-of-killing-three-year-old-syrian-a6866821.html

4000 euros charged. About 5000 dollars back then.

Seriously, all this story required was some common sense. If his teeth had been knocked out, you won't get a replacement that is covered under free dental healthcare.

5000 dollars? Why not use the English cost - £2900? Still, doesn't really disproe anything. The blood is still on the father's hands. They had no reason to leave Turkey.
Original post by cbreef
No, how about a ban on suspected terrorists from buying guns?
And a ban on high calibre rifles. Not all guns. That'd be impossible anyway

You clearly need to educate yourself about guns, the gun used in the gay club attack is not considered a "high calibre rifle".
Original post by The_Opinion
You clearly need to educate yourself about guns, the gun used in the gay club attack is not considered a "high calibre rifle".

No I don't. I never said it was a high calibre rifle....
I googled what the shooter used. It was a Sig MCX semi-auto.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
No I don't. I never said it was a high calibre rifle....

So why did you comment about the gay club attack and then link it to banning high calibre rifles, when such a ban would not have stopped the gay attack and would not stop practically every shooting?
Original post by The_Opinion
So why did you comment about the gay club attack and then link it to banning high calibre rifles, when such a ban would not have stopped the gay attack and would not stop practically every shooting?

Well.... I don't really know why I put high calibre in the first place. It was a rifle however, that's what I should have said. And it's no secret that a lot of mass shootings use rifles rather than pistols, because they are far deadlier. Interestingly, the gun in question was developed for US Special Forces. Why is it legal to buy such a weapon?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending