The Student Room Group

Radiohead Listening Party in Istanbul Attacked by Islamists

A group of radical Islamists attacked a listening party in Istanbul where Radiohead was holding a listening party for fans in support of their new album.

The men reportedly stormed the record store, Velvet Indieground, in Istanbul, Turkey, and used pipes to violently beat fans running away from the venue for drinking alcohol during the holy month of Ramadan.

“Our hearts go out to those attacked tonight at Velvet IndieGround in Istanbul,” Radiohead said in a statement. “We hope that someday we will be able to look back on such acts of violent intolerance as things of the ancient past. For now, we can only offer our fans in Istanbul our love and support.”

It’s unknown how many people were injured in the uproar or the severity of their injuries.

http://variety.com/2016/music/news/radiohead-listening-party-in-istanbul-attacked-by-islamists-1201798367/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Religion of peace and tolerance
[video="youtube;u5CVsCnxyXg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CVsCnxyXg[/video]
Reply 3
Original post by Just_Another_One
God bless those radicals.

Reported for supporting terrorism
Reply 4
Well, I keep seeing my fellow religious people doing this **** everyday. If you can't beat them, join them.

Keep it coming, I'll just keep reporting it, you terrorist symphatiser
Shock horror, Radical islam trying to regain the violence headlines from right wing loon.
Original post by caravaggio2
Shock horror, Radical islam trying to regain the violence headlines from right wing loon.

Contributing to nothing 101
Reply 7

Senseless meaningless garbage
Reply 8
I know, how the mighty have fallen.
I've honestly just turned sides today. I've always been about showing people the right side of Islam, and keeping the people in my country the right path and what one should do to overcome the corrupt government.

But now I am at the point where I can't do anything anything more. If this is what it takes to be the over dog again then that is what has to be done.

That makes 3 reports now, thanks for quoting me where I said you supported terrorists and agreeing with me.
Reply 9
Original post by Dieselblue
dude its not islams fault its white men oppressing their free speech and they are protesting, fk u man literally hitler omg

Exactly, it was Christian white men that should be held responsible for islamists terrorising a radiohead concert, the same way the terrorised the concert in France.

After-all, if they weren't so Islamophobic the muslims wouldn't turn to terrorism when they get angry and depressed.
Original post by Calmness
That makes 3 reports now, thanks for quoting me where I said you supported terrorists and agreeing with me.

You're welcome lad. Although I never intentionally wanted to help you. Ahhh, where are you in the world right now? Not that you have to disclose that information. I'm just saying I'm looking at the beautiful sunset right now... On the world full of darkness and evil shadows.
God how I love Radiohead, No surprises is lovely... Thanks for whoever posted that, with that song I stop my journey, in fact I'm kinda list and in the middle of no where in not sure Bosnia... This is where I leave the world. Thanks for talking to me.
Exactly, it was Christian white men that should be held responsible for islamists terrorising a radiohead concert, the same way the terrorised the concert in France.

After-all, if they weren't so Islamophobic the muslims wouldn't turn to terrorism when they get angry and depressed.

Ikr, islam is a religion of peace, they only want to throw you off a roof if you are gay, stone you for driving as a woman, kill all infidels and non believes of the superior and all knowing Allah.

#notallmuslims
and guys stop oppressing peaceful Muslims who support extremists but don't commit the acts, we want to welcome the 20% of muslims in the Uk who sympathise with the 7/11 bombers
(edited 7 years ago)
I know, how the mighty have fallen.
I've honestly just turned sides today. I've always been about showing people the right side of Islam, and keeping the people in my country the right path and what one should do to overcome the corrupt government.

But now I am at the point where I can't do anything anything more. If this is what it takes to be the over dog again then that is what has to be done.

Dude you're losing it. Have hope.
Well, I keep seeing my fellow religious people doing this **** everyday. If you can't beat them, join them.

Keep it coming, I'll just keep reporting it, you terrorist symphatiser

really is just another one of them right?
Reply 14
Original post by fartinugget
really is just another one of them right?

LMAO, this guy gets it hahaha.

Quite right. Especially the vast majority of Muslims who after all are killed and mutilated by other muslims. It must be the internalised islamophobia that must. You could start a support group.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by champ_mc99
Dude you're losing it. Have hope.

Have hope in what Islam? The most violent religion out there, or allah? The god of muhammed who nearly caused him to die when giving him his initial revelations?
Reply 17
Quite right. Especially the vast majority of Muslims that are killed and mutilated by other muslims. It must be the internalised islamophobia. You could start a support group.

The Qur'an does command the real muslim Jihadi's to do away with who the see to be hypocrites and apostates so what exactly is your point?

Are you saying muhammed never himself killed any muslim?
Original post by the bear
[video="youtube;u5CVsCnxyXg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CVsCnxyXg[/video]

PRSOM :rofl:
Have hope in what Islam? The most violent religion out there, or allah? The god of muhammed who nearly caused him to die when giving him his initial revelations?

The guy said he may join in sympathising with the radicalists because there's nothing he can do. So me telling him to have hope and not join is wrong? You want him to sympathise with them? Wow. I'm speechless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending