The Student Room Group

Choosing A levels

My sixth form induction week is the week after next and the subjects I have chosen so far are:

-Mathematics
-History
-Business Studies

I am choosing a fourth subject as well but I am unsure whether to go for English Language OR Geography.

I want to do Economics/Accounting/Financing at university but I am unsure whether to choose Geography or English Language so I need help. I love Geography and I am good at it. English language I don't like as much but I want to do it as it is a decent academic subject to have. So my main question is- Geography or English Language?
Is there a reason you're not doing economics instead of business studies? But in answer to your question, geography is more useful and more academic/respected than English language.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Is there a reason you're not doing economics instead of business studies? But in answer to your question, geography is more useful and more academic/respected than English language.

My school doesn't do economics. Thanks for the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say geography as you will be more motivated to revise since you like it and I think it would show a broad range of subjects, also you already have history which is highly regarded and essay based anyways, I think they would both be equally good choices
Reply 4
Original post by watermelon309
I would say geography as you will be more motivated to revise since you like it and I think it would show a broad range of subjects, also you already have history which is highly regarded and essay based anyways, I think they would both be equally good choices

Thanks, I think Geography may be a good choice as well now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by vik_k1
My sixth form induction week is the week after next and the subjects I have chosen so far are:

-Mathematics
-History
-Business Studies

I am choosing a fourth subject as well but I am unsure whether to go for English Language OR Geography.

I want to do Economics/Accounting/Financing at university but I am unsure whether to choose Geography or English Language so I need help. I love Geography and I am good at it. English language I don't like as much but I want to do it as it is a decent academic subject to have. So my main question is- Geography or English Language?

I've always assumed that Geography is more highly regarded than English Language, so I'd do that. I'd assume Social Geography is fairly relevant to Economics anyway, whereas English Language isn't...

Quick Reply

Latest