The Student Room Group

will alevels boost my btec grade?? or ucas points?

Hey there,

Dont know if this was posted before as i am new to this but i have a question if anyone knows, because i couldnt find the answer anywhere.

I have two full alevels, however it was not enough to get into a good uni, so im finishing btecs in college now which means i have both. Im wondering whether the alevels will boost my btecs or ucas points, so for example if i need DDM to study criminology at leicester, will i need something like MMM, because i already got an A* and an E in alevels?

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
It depends, if the A* was not in your native language then it most likely will bring your offer down
It would certainly boost your UCAS points.

Email the admissions about the entry requirements.
Reply 3
Depends on the specific uni

If its a uni that does offers by UCAS points then it would benefit you, so

MMM = 240
A* = 140
E = 40
Total = 420

However, higher unis tend to take your best 3 grades, which in your case would be the A* + 2 of the Merits so you would have the equiv , obviously you have the other grades and sometimes they can be taken into consideration

Try to get DDM or higher then your grades would be closer and you could apply at an A*AA uni where the DD grades are = to an A grade each, youd also then have the other grades supporting your application

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest