The Student Room Group

MSc Petroleum & Gas Engineering - University of Portsmouth

How are the job prospects for MS Petroleum n Gas Engineering students from University of Portsmouth in the UK? How reputed is the university? Im a Chemical Engineer from India, born and brought up in Saudi Arabia with an ambition to continue working in Middle East in firms like Saudi Aramco. I had received acceptance offers from KFUPM, University of Portsmouth and Aberdeen. Which has the better program?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thejtap
How are the job prospects for MS Petroleum n Gas Engineering students from University of Portsmouth in the UK? How reputed is the university? Im a Chemical Engineer from India, born and brought up in Saudi Arabia with an ambition to continue working in Middle East in firms like Saudi Aramco. I had received acceptance offers from KFUPM, University of Portsmouth and Aberdeen. Which has the better program?

Not so good.
Original post by thejtap

Hi there,
I'm a MSc petroleum and Gas engineering student at university of Portsmouth in where I had also undertaken the BEng Petroleum Engineering course.
The course is at a very good standard and I would dearly recommend it for you because the petroleum department in Portsmouth has really good lecturers and accessibility for softwares.
In the university, there are a lot of sponsored students from Aramco as they consider Portsmouth as a strong standard university also the petroleum department are sponsored by Aramco.
The lectures are enjoyable and exams are of good standard to prepare you for the industry.
Please let me know if there are other questions you want to know.
Thank you very much and hope to get to meet you in person next year!
Usama
I'm starting my MSc in Petroleum& Gas Engineering in University of Portsmouth this Sept 2017.
Hello there,I just finished my MSc in Petroleum and Gas Engineering at the University of Portsmouth.The program is really good, the university facilities are of high standards and I really feel that I am prepare to go out to the industry after finishing my master's.I am also a student ambassador here at Portsmouth and I can assure you that there are many extracurricular activities that you can take part of at Uni.Portsmouth is also a very vibrant city, where everything is very close by.I hope you enjoy your Master's degree.Kind regards,Laura Rivera
Original post by Usama_Diybs
Hi there,
I'm a MSc petroleum and Gas engineering student at university of Portsmouth in where I had also undertaken the BEng Petroleum Engineering course.
The course is at a very good standard and I would dearly recommend it for you because the petroleum department in Portsmouth has really good lecturers and accessibility for softwares.
In the university, there are a lot of sponsored students from Aramco as they consider Portsmouth as a strong standard university also the petroleum department are sponsored by Aramco.
The lectures are enjoyable and exams are of good standard to prepare you for the industry.
Please let me know if there are other questions you want to know.
Thank you very much and hope to get to meet you in person next year!
Usama

Hi there usama,can you please message me

I need ur help
if u can,will be really thankful mate
Hey guys, I am coming to Portsmouth university this September for Petroleum Engineering. I have accepted my offer for now at least. Can anyone give me some tips ? What to watch out for in the course etc? Also I would massively appreciate if anyone could give me any lecture notes to start preparing to what's coming over summer? Also, when it comes to the taught modules in the first 2 semesters can you heavily rely on the lecture notes and problems like in an undergraduate degree?
Original post by nbclosa.re
I'm starting my MSc in Petroleum& Gas Engineering in University of Portsmouth this Sept 2017.

Quick Reply

Latest