The Student Room Group

Best games with simple graphics?

I go to boarding school and at home I have I have a nice PC set-up that lets me run everything on max graphics. All i have at school whilst boarding, however, is the most awful laptop known to man. I mean so bad that when i tried to run counter strike source on it at the lowest possible resolution it couldn't reach above 15 fps and after a couple of minutes the entire laptop pretty much died. So my question is what are the best games that have simple graphics ( i've pretty much hit my play limit on binding of Isaac XD )
Town of Salem is fun addictive multiplayer with extremely simple graphics
Maybe something quite old like Worms or Age Of Empires 2 (before the HD edition it didn't require much power compared to today's machines)
If you haven't played it before, UNDERTALE is a great little pixel game that can be ran on pretty much any machine.
I agree with UNDERTALE. Also maybe look back at some older games, steam recently released a neat little sega mega drive collection. It's set up like a 90's bedroom and you can buy pretty much all the games for around £15.
m8 just go on miniclip like back in the old days
Reply 6
Original post by NotNotAlex
I go to boarding school and at home I have I have a nice PC set-up that lets me run everything on max graphics. All i have at school whilst boarding, however, is the most awful laptop known to man. I mean so bad that when i tried to run counter strike source on it at the lowest possible resolution it couldn't reach above 15 fps and after a couple of minutes the entire laptop pretty much died. So my question is what are the best games that have simple graphics ( i've pretty much hit my play limit on binding of Isaac XD )

Look for these on steam or youtube...

Retro City Rampage - very amusing 2D GTA with NES graphics.
Strider - super metroid style gameplay
Fez - intelligent 2D platformer in 8-bit
System shock 2 - one of the best solo FPS for PC and never ported to consoles.
Bastion - superb 2D action-RPG with memorable narration throughout.
Castle Crashers - golden axe style game 4 player co-op.
Sine Mora - great 2D scrolling shoot em up. these don't come around often.

Quick Reply

Latest