Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

coming back to england , what to do to get into a good college

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    i lived in the uk and went to school there until i was 10 and i have citizenship, but then my family decided to move back to iran and we've been there ever since, i'm 20 now and i got good grades in my high school and got accepted at one of the best universities in iran for computer engineering..the problem is that i've always had a passion for music and i've realized that computer engineering is not for me,so i've decided to drop out and move back to england to study music (it's hard to have a musical career in iran) ,hopefully at a good university.but i'm not sure if it's even possible to be accepted at a good university as a "home" student or with a scholarship..can i just study for the A levels (without GCSE's and get good grades and get into a good university normally or is that route not an option for me?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.