The Student Room Group

Getting a job before moving away-HELP

As you can see from the title i'm going to attempt to find a job before i move away in September for uni. Now the problem/question i have is that, obviously they're going to ask me about my self and then I would, if being honest have to tell them about the fact i'll be moving away. This then i feel would put me at a disadvantage as they don't want to employ a member of staff who is only there for a few months. And the problem is applying for temporary roles I have found they get paid less than those who were employed on a permanent basis So should I lie and say that I won't be going to university at all? How do i go about this, any recommendations ?:frown:
Original post by Richpeasant
As you can see from the title i'm going to attempt to find a job before i move away in September for uni. Now the problem/question i have is that, obviously they're going to ask me about my self and then I would, if being honest have to tell them about the fact i'll be moving away. This then i feel would put me at a disadvantage as they don't want to employ a member of staff who is only there for a few months. And the problem is applying for temporary roles I have found they get paid less than those who were employed on a permanent basis So should I lie and say that I won't be going to university at all? How do i go about this, any recommendations ?:frown:

If it's for a company i.e Tesco then you can explain that you're going to uni and would it be possible to get a transfer to a store near your uni. So work at that store during term time and then go back to your store in the holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
If it's for a company i.e Tesco then you can explain that you're going to uni and would it be possible to get a transfer to a store near your uni. So work at that store during term time and then go back to your store in the holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would they not think then that's to much hassle and just pick another candidate?
Original post by Richpeasant
Would they not think then that's to much hassle and just pick another candidate?

I don't think so. There was a girl who worked with me, was at my store for a few weeks then went to uni and got transferred to the store there :redface:

Wouldn't hurt to see :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending