The Student Room Group

DPLP w/o TC?

Looking for advice from anyone who has gone into the DPLP and witnessed first hand if many people going into it without a training contract in place actually manage to land one by the end of it. Any help is really appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by Ziri
Looking for advice from anyone who has gone into the DPLP and witnessed first hand if many people going into it without a training contract in place actually manage to land one by the end of it. Any help is really appreciated!

Completed the DPLP this year at another uni and the ratio for those without TC to with TC was roughly 70:30. Unfortunately, the ratio was largely the same on completion...
Reply 2
Original post by LukeIsIt
Completed the DPLP this year at another uni and the ratio for those without TC to with TC was roughly 70:30. Unfortunately, the ratio was largely the same on completion...

Just out of interest, which uni did you goto for the diploma?
Reply 3
Glasgow Uni - a large year of around 240 for DPLP
Reply 4
Ah okay. Yeah I have Glasgow eyed up as my back up in case Edinburgh doesn't let me in. Quite worrying statistics there though!
Reply 5
Original post by Ziri
Ah okay. Yeah I have Glasgow eyed up as my back up in case Edinburgh doesn't let me in. Quite worrying statistics there though!

Yeah I think the statistics are largely the same across DPLP providers - could be wrong. A lot of people in my year came through from Edinburgh to Glasgow for the DPLP as I know Edinburgh is exam based, whereas at Glasgow it's continual assessment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending