Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Jobs for 17 year olds in a care setting?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently working in a jewellers but I am looking for a full time summer temp job in a care setting, either with children, disabled adults or elderly people because I need some experience for uni next year. What kind of places would you suggest looking into? I'm 17 and a lot of jobs want 18+ and a drivers license which is restricting for me. I'd love to hear your experience of working in the care sector and what you do. I'd prefer to work with children.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    At 17, you're probs not going to be able to get an actual job in the care setting, volunteering would have to be the way to go, unfortunately.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    plenty of jobs don't require a drivers license but you will not get a job in care when you are under 18, if yo want experience ask to volunteer somewhere, most places will be happy to have someone there as a befriender and to be honest that experience is mroe valuable in my opinion as yo will spend all your time with the SU rather than doing paperwork/cleaning
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.