Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Interview at cex halp

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I recently applied for a supervisor job at C.E.X - the entertainment exchange company and my interview is tomorrow. I have what I'm wearing down, smart casual because I don't feel like walking in in a full suit will get me the job. Anyway, to the point, I'm doing some 'revision' of sorts and I'm worried.

If any of you have interviewed for or work for C.E.X it would be extremely helpful if you could give me some tips on what they might ask. I'm fine on the gaming and film/tv series side of things, I know the new gen consoles like the back of my hand and I'm been a 'gamer' I suppose you could say since I was 5 and keep up to date with releases and play every day if I can. I can operate any phone and know a fair bit on the main specs of the latest/bestsellers. I've brought myself up to speed on what I don't know and while I'm not that confident about it I can talk for a while on that side of things.

It's the computers and cameras that I'm worried about. I know the basics of computing and the specs e.g. storage, memory, graphic/game capability, battery life, operating system, vague on processors and all that but I wouldn't for the life of me know how to unlock a phone like they advertise themselves to do. Nor could I recommend a DSLR above basic knowledge level. I know honesty is the best policy when it comes to things like this and I plan on saying I have a basic knowledge of cameras and computers but I am willing to learn or be trained or something like that.

As for the supervisor role itself, I have retail experience and honesty I'm confident that for the most part I could do the job in question well. I'm just concerned they'll ask me to fix stuff which I don't think at the moment I could do. At my old job, supervisors did exactly that - supervised, while the retail assistants did the hard work, but I get the impression that supervisors at C.E.X are more hands on with the products, which like I've said, is fine in some cases but in others it worries me.

Anyone shed light on this or just give me some plain ol' reassurance? And if you read to the end of this, I love you. I'm an essay writer, what can I say?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.