The Student Room Group

Discussion on best LNAT book for preparation.

Right guys, just thought this was a relevant topic seeing as we all need to be applying soon. Anyone know of any good books/material for preparing for an LNAT test? Ex-LNAT test takers welcome.
Reply 1
Well i didn't use any books in my preparation, but i did...

- do AS critical thinking - looking at the multiple choice sections in a critical thinking book may help with the first part
- do the practise LNAT paper on the LNAT website (www.lnat.ac.uk)
- do some practise LSAT (the american version) papers that i had found on the internet
God, is it LNAT time again already? The general idea seems to be not to bother with the books (although some preach them), to read a quality paper every day and really THINK about what it really means, not just skim it in other words, do the practice tests (and as many other practice verbal reasoning tests as you can) and, finally, my personal tip: when doing the test give the first answer that pops into your head. The test is designed to be very tricky, as soon as you start second guessing yourself that's when you're more likely to make mistakes (in my opinion).
Reply 3
Is it my cue to jump in with the Wiki page yet?

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/LNAT
Yes, good work buddy.
Reply 5
Law Matters Publishing- publisher of the "Passing the National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT)" actually have the whole chapter on Section A of the LNAT available for free on their website.

http://www.lawmatterspublishing.co.uk/samplechapters.asp

Its good because it explains why answers are correct or wrong, over 70 pages worth too...and most of all its FREE.

Soul destroyingly difficult (for me) though:frown:
Use newspapers. Especially the comment sections.
Reply 7
Don't worry its easy......:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending