The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leonaa1
You're from Hong Kong too? That's awesome!! Yeah I got an offer for BSc Biology the other day!! Congrats on your PG :smile: Good luck to you too xx

I see you're applying to Oxford as well:tongue: Which college did you choose? I chose St John's:h:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Just received an offer for Theoretical Physics MSci!

I applied last Friday.
Is it just me who finds the Bristol "VIP" service utterly useless? I really can't understand what good use there is for it.
Original post by W. A. Mozart
Is it just me who finds the Bristol "VIP" service utterly useless? I really can't understand what good use there is for it.

I've tried it out but I think it's mostly just information you can find on their website?
I'm applying for Law
AS Grades: AAAD (the D was in chemistry which is pretty irrelevant, still a bit of an eyesore though)
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

I completed my LNAT about 2 weeks ago. So my score should be getting sent off today. I hope they respond quickly!

Other unis applied to: Cambridge, Durham, Warwick and Queen Mary's in London. (I got an offer from Queen Mary's for A*AA)

Any other law applicants here?
Original post by mehokay
I'm applying for Law
AS Grades: AAAD (the D was in chemistry which is pretty irrelevant, still a bit of an eyesore though)
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

I completed my LNAT about 2 weeks ago. So my score should be getting sent off today. I hope they respond quickly!

Other unis applied to: Cambridge, Durham, Warwick and Queen Mary's in London. (I got an offer from Queen Mary's for A*AA)

Any other law applicants here?

Wow congrats on QMUL!! I'll be applying to Law at Bristol too :smile: really anxious now that I know our LNAT scores have officially been sent off to the unis!
Original post by christy98
Wow congrats on QMUL!! I'll be applying to Law at Bristol too :smile: really anxious now that I know our LNAT scores have officially been sent off to the unis!

Thank you!
I'm really anxious about my LNAT score too! That's why I picked a mix of LNAT and non LNAT universities, incase I completely mess up and end up with 3/42 in the multiple choice or something.

What other universities have you applied to?
Original post by mehokay
Thank you!
I'm really anxious about my LNAT score too! That's why I picked a mix of LNAT and non LNAT universities, incase I completely mess up and end up with 3/42 in the multiple choice or something.

What other universities have you applied to?

I've applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL and Bristol. LSE is my only non-LNAT uni haha pretty much bricking it rn!!

Having said that, I'm sure you've done better than you expect :smile: that's what always happens.
Original post by christy98
I've applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL and Bristol. LSE is my only non-LNAT uni haha pretty much bricking it rn!!

Having said that, I'm sure you've done better than you expect :smile: that's what always happens.

Oh wow, your university options are really up there. Your grades must be amazing!

Have you heard from LSE yet?
Original post by mehokay
Oh wow, your university options are really up there. Your grades must be amazing!

Have you heard from LSE yet?

Nah not really! It's more because I have backup unis in other countries and hence can afford to aim a little higher here in the UK.

And no, I haven't. The wait is killing me :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 250
Anyone got an offer for Biochemistry yet?
Reply 251
Original post by caramelluv
Applied for biochemistry with medical biochemistry. I'm predicted A*AA in Chemistry, Biology and Economics. I have 1A* 7A's 2B's at GCSE.
Anyone got an offer for their course yet???

I haven't yet either
Applied for Dentistry at Bristol with 4A*8A GCSES, AAA prediction, A* EPQ and 657 ukcat with Band 1 SLT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Applied for Dentistry at Bristol with 4A*8A GCSES, AAA prediction, A* EPQ and 657 ukcat with Band 1 SLT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for dentistry too! ^^ your UKCAT score is so good, I'm jealous :wink: what other unis have you applied to?
Original post by kp0pfan21
I'm applying for dentistry too! ^^ your UKCAT score is so good, I'm jealous :wink: what other unis have you applied to?

Yess I've finally found a fellow Bristol applicant 😂 and thank you! I've also applied to Leeds (wish I didn't I hate bmat but my mum wants me to go Leeds), Liverpool and Plymouth. What about you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Yess I've finally found a fellow Bristol applicant 😂 and thank you! I've also applied to Leeds (wish I didn't I hate bmat but my mum wants me to go Leeds), Liverpool and Plymouth. What about you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to Birmingham, Manchester & Cardiff. The BMAT seems worse than the UKCAT so I would never do it XD
Reply 256
Original post by JessicaApple

I see you're applying to Oxford as well:tongue: Which college did you choose? I chose St John's:h:

I did! St John's is gorgeous, I applied for Brasenose :h: Did you apply for Biology as they don't have Zoology?
Original post by leonaa1
I did! St John's is gorgeous, I applied for Brasenose :h: Did you apply for Biology as they don't have Zoology?

Yep that's why I chose Biological Sciences for Oxford:tongue:
It should be alright though because the course seems very flexible! I believe I'd be able to focus on modules offered by the Department of Zoology.
It's been 12 days and I haven't heard back from Bristol. Any economics and finance applicants here??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
It's been 12 days and I haven't heard back from Bristol. Any economics and finance applicants here??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its also been 12 days for me. I am applying for aero engineering.

Thats no surprise. You might have to wait till march.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply