The Student Room Group

A Level Photography Essay

Hi, I've recently started working on my photography A2 essay and im having trouble starting it, my main topic for my book work is our society and im focusing more on mental disorders such as anxiety and depression, and i would like to do my essay about depression and im not sure how to start really or what to do, can someone who has already done this help me? thankyou.
Reply 1
Hi, Julia! If you have difficulties with starting your essay, read these tips then - http://bid4papers.com/blog/hook-for-essay/ . The key point here is to write a decent essay hook that is meant to catch the reader’s attention. A good hook could be any sentence that catches attention and keeps your reader reading. Good luck!
Reply 2
Try and find some photographers who focus on topics around depression, anxiety, OCD, that sort of thing. There are some really thought provoking and beautiful pieces of work out there! Maybe have a look at George's World by Corina Kern, or Collections by Jim Goldberg. Both are really good starting points to see how other photographers focussed their work.

In regards to starting an essay, don't worry about it all coming together in the first instance! Jot down some ideas and ways you can build the essay - in note form is perfect, and start doing your research in sections. Make sure to look on the internet at magazine articles or even books. Not only will this give you some ideas into how you can structure your essay, you might even get some quotes in there!

Do you have to take photographs for your essay, and write about them? It's been a few years since I did my A-Level in Photography and there was no essay part to it, so I'm hoping this helps... And good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending