The Student Room Group

Messed Up Second Year

I think I've messed up my second year, like i'm 99% sure that I have and I really want to be able to redo the year and sort everything out and finish my degree, but I've already used my gift year from student finance as I started at another university but it wasn't the right fit for me so I moved to another one which is so much better but for reasons this last term I've just messed up so much, so this is technically my 3rd year that i've just finished and next year should be my 4th but I don't know what will happen if I don't pass this year into my 3rd year?

Does that just automatically mean I'm done with uni and can't continue with it or will I be given the option of redoing my second year? and does anyone know if there's any way of getting another year from student finance or the alternatives if not?

thanks.
Original post by Bornforthis2
I think I've messed up my second year, like i'm 99% sure that I have and I really want to be able to redo the year and sort everything out and finish my degree, but I've already used my gift year from student finance as I started at another university but it wasn't the right fit for me so I moved to another one which is so much better but for reasons this last term I've just messed up so much, so this is technically my 3rd year that i've just finished and next year should be my 4th but I don't know what will happen if I don't pass this year into my 3rd year?

Does that just automatically mean I'm done with uni and can't continue with it or will I be given the option of redoing my second year? and does anyone know if there's any way of getting another year from student finance or the alternatives if not?

thanks.

Have you messed up this year for reasons that might get you compelling personal reasons? If so you could get your gift year back. Otherwise, uni doesnt have to be over for you but you'd have to fund part of the year yourself. You need to speak to your uni as many will only allow capped resit years or not at all except in extenuating circumstances.
I don't think it'll get classed as compelling personal reasons, It's just because I had to work full time to be able to stay in university and so I didn't put as much effort into my work as I would've liked and have been able to.
What do you mean by part fund? why would it not be fully funded by myself?
I know my uni does allow resits I'm just looking ahead to the worst case scenario

Quick Reply

Latest