The Student Room Group

Latest YouGov polls - Remain back in lead by 1%

Scroll to see replies

Tbh, should have bet on remain as soon as i'd found out a remain MP had been shots, the odds were good then.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous

There's always a good chance the EU will continue to struggle and when the Eurozone implodes the whole thing will take care of itself and Britain will be Brexit by default.

The EU is not the Eurozone, although I agree that if / when the Euro collapses or is fundamentally altered, the EU would doubtless be in a state of some upheaval.

One of the things about this campaign is how little real economic discussion / understanding there has been about the Eurozone and the UK's role in the part of the EU that is not and presumably won't be for the foreseeable future a part of the Euro. That seems to be one of the key points.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Tbh, should have bet on remain as soon as i'd found out a remain MP had been shots, the odds were good then.

Well, it's a relief to know that some good has come out of that poor woman's death. Her grieving husband and children would be glad to know that people have seized the moment to obtain good betting odds.
Reply 23
Original post by slaven
I am not the only one. Other countries would also wish to leave the EU (Denmark notably) but are awaiting a domino-effect, also somebody who will make the first step.

13450710_10154953439193626_1821870847274848676_n.jpg
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, it's a relief to know that some good has come out of that poor woman's death. Her grieving husband and children would be glad to know that people have seized the moment to obtain good betting odds.

People with the same mentality took advantage of the 2008 financial crisis and ended up making millions whilst other bystanders lost money.
Reply 25
The EU is not the Eurozone, although I agree that if / when the Euro collapses or is fundamentally altered, the EU would doubtless be in a state of some upheaval.

One of the things about this campaign is how little real economic discussion / understanding there has been about the Eurozone and the UK's role in the part of the EU that is not and presumably won't be for the foreseeable future a part of the Euro. That seems to be one of the key points.

Yes. And if a Eurozone crash happened the UK will be affected wether or not it is in the Zone.

Leavers seem to think leaving means they are protected behind their little England wall. But it doesn't insulate the country from major economic or sociopolitical shocks (unless it turns into North Korea...)
Original post by jneill

"Leader of ISIS" source please?

I must've missed their statement on the statement on the referendum... :colondollar:

Edit: whoever made this word document clearly spelled Vladimir and Greenpeace wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by physicsphysics91
People with the same mentality took advantage of the 2008 financial crisis and ended up making millions whilst other bystanders lost money.

One of the finest moral justifications I've recently come across. :rolleyes:
Original post by jneill

That isn't even accurate, does nobody actually pay attention to what Putin has said? But hey, if we want to create a biased list (it seems that all remain have left is name dropping) how about this one:

Who supports Brexit? A quick list...

Dyson
JCB
The State Bank of India
Trade unions RMT, Aslef and the Bakers Union
Former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey
Tim Martin / Wetherspoons
John Longworth (suspended as Director General of British Chamber of Commerce for supporting Brexit)
Senior politicians in Switzerland, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand and the USA
Five Cabinet Ministers
The whole of UKIP
One of the Green Party's three members of the House of Lords
The Democratic Unionist Party (Northern Ireland)
Almost half of all Conservative MPs
Some Labour MPs
Julian Thompson (Major General, Royal Marines)
The head of the world's largest sovereign wealth fund
Ronald Noble (Former Head of Interpol)
Lord Owen (Former SDP leader & Labour Foreign Minister)
Rocco Forte (Forte Hotels)
Mark Littlewood (Director General of the Institute for Economic Affairs)
Cancer researcher Professor Gus Dalgleish
Sir Richard Dearlove, former head of MI6

Who supports remaining in the EU? A quick list...

A convicted terrorist who is now an elected politician for Sinn Fein
Banks Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley, responsible for the financial crisis
Disgraced and jailed former Europe Minister Denis MacShane
The terrorist Abu Hamza
George Osborne, the man who has forced austerity on the country and threatens to do more if we don't vote with him
David Cameron after sticking certain parts of his anatomy in a dead pig
Angela Merkel
Unelected EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker
Various organisations which have been leaned on by Downing Street and the European Commission

Listing the nice supporters of remaining and the not so positively received brexit supporters (including people who have declared themselves neutral or for remaining) and argument does not make.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Jammy Duel
How so you manage to male the leap to average 1pc lead, unless you're using the average of a single poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take it you didn't follow the link and read the article then?

The figure is an average of the two polls upon which this release is based:

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/lvxwtdus18/GMBResults_160616_EURef_Website.pdf

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/2t6fjf3032/SundayTimeslResults_160617_EUReferendum_W.pdf
Reply 30
Original post by jneill

I am not talking about career politicians who are likely to side with EU because it has a better diplomacy than the UK, or from the EU paid "independent" NGOs or Academia like thoose "300 historians" (they are especially biased since they are afraid they might loose funding for the research which is mostly coming from the EU). And LOL Al-Bagdadgi said it support Brexit???

I was primarly speking about the ordinary people from across the rest of EU, who the EU turned their live miserably and are now euroscpetic. UK has an opportunity to be again a light-shine of western civilisation if it leaves the EU since it will make it more respectable in their eyes.

Speaking about history and culture. You have more in common with your Anglo-Saxon brethren than with us Continentals.
UK is a maritime country and it will always be more connceted to the sea. The Europhiles will never change this.
One of the finest moral justifications I've recently come across. :rolleyes:

If you sort the compassionate side and I sort the money side we could really work out you know.
Reply 32
Original post by chemting

I must've missed their statement on the statement on the referendum... :colondollar:

Edit: whoever made this word document clearly spelled Vladimir and Greenpeace wrong...

Much as I dislike having to link to The Express
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/662231/Out-supporters-ISIS-want-to-attack-UK-to-force-BREXIT-which-will-destroy-the-Union

PS. Did the red underlining help you figure that out? :wink:

Yeah, rather than, you know, what most people mean by polling averages which are still giving leave a reduced lead but a lead none the less.

And of course I didn't read the article when I see all the polls within a few hours at most of the embargo on them being lifted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by slaven

UK is a maritime country and it will always be more connceted to the sea. The Europhiles will never change this.

We don't ALL look like this you know:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Yeah, rather than, you know, what most people mean by polling averages which are still giving leave a reduced lead but a lead none the less.

And of course I didn't read the article when I see all the polls within a few hours at most of the embargo on them being lifted

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just don't understand - you have a concern about some of the statistics used and your first thought is to question rather than to, you know, take 30 seconds to read a paragraph?

Anyway, can you share a link to a polling average showing a leave lead? Not necessarily doubting, but would like to take a look at the process.
Reply 36
Original post by chemting

Posted from TSR Mobile

After closer inspecting the list I have doubt on this. Many important persons who support the Leave are not include, like some members of the current UK cabinet. As well the former MI6 chief who said UK is more securer outside of Europe.

The list also does not include many popular politiians from the EU who supports Brexit.

Also, some are dubious like V. Putin or Al-Baghdadi (LOL).
Poorly. The weather forecasts are becoming more consistent with each other and with themselves over time, and the forecasts are for storms in key areas on the day, which means low turnout which is bad for remain, and the DKS are unlikely to break hard enough in favour of staying in that scenario.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pathetic fallacy :frown:

Original post by slaven
Many economist also said the Uk will develop new trading patterns if she leaves the EU. Liverpool was once the most important trading harbor for the UK, since the UK is in the EU it is destroyed.

So, Liverpool would become once more significant is the UK orientate its trading to China and other emerging markets.

China is not an emerging economy really. Indeed, their economy is beginning to stagnate (growth fell for the first time this year). Widespread wealth and lifestyle disparities in China totally limit their ability to grow; it'll catch up on them, as well as the impacts the one-child policy will have when the older generation dies.We should be considering the global economy and countries in other places, for example, South America. I cannot understand why debates regarding trade have wholly been isolated to China and India.
Reply 38
Original post by slaven
After closer inspecting the list I have doubt on this. Many important persons who support the Leave are not include, like some members of the current UK cabinet. As well the former MI6 chief who said UK is more securer outside of Europe.

The list also does not include many popular politiians from the EU who supports Brexit.

Also, some are dubious like V. Putin or Al-Baghdadi (LOL).

Go on then, you do a complete list.
Original post by offhegoes
I just don't understand - you have a concern about some of the statistics used and your first thought is to question rather than to, you know, take 30 seconds to read a paragraph?

Anyway, can you share a link to a polling average showing a leave lead? Not necessarily doubting, but would like to take a look at the process.

They're in the poll of polls section on Wikipedia, and given I look at a few of them at their source regularly I trust them all to be correct, plus they're all cited

1466414098041.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending