The Student Room Group

B3 Biology Edexcel Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR778899
swear the question was about how it was reabsorbed into the blood? I put Selective reabsorption against the concentration gradient through the tubules?

Same!! I thought the question said how does glucose leave the nephron and enter the blood?
Reply 41
Original post by Heardmanator
I changed my answer from 52.9 to 47 since 170 X 0.47 is 80 but I'm not sure if I changed it from the right answer to the wrong answer :-(

Its 52.9% as its 90/170 x 100
It was the change divided by the original, but you may still get 1 mark.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by J__
Both may get the mark, as respiration releases energy as well.

yeah it might release energy but i dont think is used for growth like photosynthesis as it releases energy to carry out processes like photosynthesis which produces stuff for growth
Reply 43
For the first six marker i talked about carbon dating, analysing fossilised tools, comparing body structures and analysing how deep the fossils were found in the ground. Was there anything else anyone put??
Reply 44
And what did people but for the migration question? I put the seas froze so people could move from Africa to other continents by walking.
Whoops I put ammonia for the gas because I was thinking about mycoproteins for some reason. Apart from that I think the exam was pretty good
For the first six marker i talked about carbon dating, analysing fossilised tools, comparing body structures and analysing how deep the fossils were found in the ground. Was there anything else anyone put??

I messed up on that six marker. i misinterpreted recent with later and talked about ardi and compared it with lucy. I only mentioned about how homo habilis is taller and has a brain size that is larger near the end. But i talked about how stone tools will be more sophisticated and the rock layers can be used to identify the time period. What do you think i would get out of 6 on that question
Reply 47
Original post by jj.repinec
I messed up on that six marker. i misinterpreted recent with later and talked about ardi and compared it with lucy. I only mentioned about how homo habilis is taller and has a brain size that is larger near the end. But i talked about how stone tools will be more sophisticated and the rock layers can be used to identify the time period. What do you think i would get out of 6 on that question

Im not to sure but i forgot to mention homo hibilis. Hopefully i dont lose too many marks
Im not to sure but i forgot to mention homo hibilis. Hopefully i dont lose too many marks

I think you would get top band because you mentioned all the relevant points.
I think that's the only bad question: atleast the last question was easy
Original post by Heythere4567
Whoops I put ammonia for the gas because I was thinking about mycoproteins for some reason. Apart from that I think the exam was pretty good

I put ethene gas even though that inhibits growth for some reason no idea what I was thinking haha so I lost out too!
Ok
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jj.repinec
I think you can split this 6 marker into 3 sections- skeletal structure,tools and surrounding rocks. You could get at least 4 marks depending on how well developed your points on rock analysis and tools were made. I don't think brain size will get you the mark as it would have already decomposed but I spoke about skull size instead. You could mention how it may be taller than ardi too
Hope the grade boundaries aren't ridiculously high. That's often the case with an easier paper :-(
Original post by Heythere4567
I think you can split this 6 marker into 3 sections- skeletal structure,tools and surrounding rocks. You could get at least 4 marks depending on how well developed your points on rock analysis and tools were made. I don't think brain size will get you the mark as it would have already decomposed but I spoke about skull size instead. You could mention how it may be taller than ardi too

Luckily i didn't fall into the trap of talking about brain size without mentioning the size of the skull.
I was an idiot and put 50% instead of 0% for the haemophilia question. I'm so annoyed! Hopefully I'll still get marks for having the punnet square correct. I also put 47% as I did 70÷180.
Original post by albertquar
Man... I was shook that entire paper. What did you put for the monoclonal antibodies and blood clotting question? I think I messed up on that one.

You have to mention that
Monoclonal antibodies are made slightly radioactive
They bind with blood clots
The area in which radioactivity is high is where the blood clots are located
Original post by Heardmanator
Hope the grade boundaries aren't ridiculously high. That's often the case with an easier paper :-(
I hope so too as I get paranoid that I made silly mistakes that may cost me the higher grades if the grade boundaries are high. They usually stay around 47-51 for an A*
Reply 57
Did anyone else put oxygen for the second question, I only put that because oxygen is used in fermenters most of the time?
Reply 58
^Apparently I'm the only one who put Nitrogen on that question .-.
Reply 59
Original post by tylmry
^Apparently I'm the only one who put Nitrogen on that question .-.

Everyone put something different:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest