The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to get an offer?

Hi,

At the moment I am scheduled to be studying at Newcastle after dropping out of Warwick in December.

However, I am considering taking another year out of education as I would like to change my course to Law and have a go at attending Oxbrdige.

Now, I would be starting Cambridge 2 years after finishing my a levels and spending 2 years outside of education.

At A Level I got: A*A*A and an A* in general studies

Is it still possible for me to apply, even though I would be 20 when starting??

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by _linley_
Hi,

At the moment I am scheduled to be studying at Newcastle after dropping out of Warwick in December.

However, I am considering taking another year out of education as I would like to change my course to Law and have a go at attending Oxbrdige.

Now, I would be starting Cambridge 2 years after finishing my a levels and spending 2 years outside of education.

Thanks

Yes it's possible and A*A*A exceeds the typical offer - so you would be competitive. BUT what happens if you don't get a Cambridge Offer? There's no guarantee... and you would have to withdraw from Newcastle before applying on UCAS, although of course you would be likely to get offers from it and other universities.

Oh, and your age would not be a disadvantage.
Original post by _linley_
Hi,

Thanks

They don't take General Studies into account when assessing the application. So you need another a-level subject (facilitating) to be considered.
What are two,other subjects you've got?
Reply 3
Original post by vincrows
They don't take General Studies into account when assessing the application. So you need another a-level subject (facilitating) to be considered.
What are two,other subjects you've got?

OP says they have 3 A-levels, plus General Studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending