The Student Room Group

PhD in Cyber Security?!

I have recently applied for a PhD scholarship (for an advertised project) in my university but I got rejected. However they have accepted me to do a PhD (I just have to pay for the fees) so I decided to do so.

However as it is natural I need to propose a project. The area I am interested in is Cyber Security. I have been researching various projects etc. but haven't found any ones that I am super excited about and I don't know what the best way it is to actually find one. It is such a big decision.

I feel kind of lost and heart broken for losing the scholarship. I had my heart set on that project.

Any advice of what I should do? Anyone been where I am?
Thanks Guys
Reply 1
What you need to do is to get into a university library or access some PhD theses in the field of Cyber Security. At the end you will find suggestions for further research - this is where you will find ideas for a PhD thesis topic as it is where previous students are telling you what is missing from your field of study !
Have you contacted a potential supervisor? This should be your first step. They will be able to guide you in terms of what gaps there are in the field, what you should be reading and how feasible your project ideas are for a PhD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending