The Student Room Group

Further Maths GCSE AQA Paper 1 (Unofficial mark scheme)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinksplodge
for K=9 i differentiated the equation and ended up getting (3,0) as a turning point. After substituting that in for y and x of the original equation and rearranging I came out with k= 9. It that the right method?

I think I did something similar. I differentiated and found that the stationary points were at -1 and 3. I then differentiated to find the gradient of the tangent to the curve at the point (0,k), and got -3. Therefore I also found that the tangent met the curve again at the point (3,0). I then substituted that into the formula y-y₁=m(x-x₁) to get k = 9 :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I think I did not as well in this paper than past papers, aiming now for an A* maybe there is the possibilities that I can get an A*^, I think we shouldn't worry too much about this. The calculator paper offers much more marks and we have much more revision time, well for me that is!:colondollar:
Original post by Rakstar
I think I did not as well in this paper than past papers, aiming now for an A* maybe there is the possibilities that I can get an A*^, I think we shouldn't worry too much about this. The calculator paper offers much more marks and we have much more revision time, well for me that is!:colondollar:

The grade boundaries are also higher.
The more marks, the more likely we are to make mistakes - this is definitely my case.
Anyway, I guess your right lool let's just forget it and think about Friday, for which we will actually revise and not 'wing' it.
Updated with the marks for each question, enjoy! :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by NiamhM1801
Yeah I am doing further - probably shouldn't as apparently I can't expand cubic brackets properly but oh well 😂😂
Thank you. Are you sitting exams or are you beyond that?

A-levels.
Does anyone else but me literally think they got about 15 marks?
Original post by B_9710
A-levels.

Oh cool :smile:
Pretty sure Q5 was proving that the line segments were perpendicular - I got the gradients as -10/4 and 4/10 :smile:
Wowee I am pleased :biggrin:
Worst case: 55/70
Best case: 61/70
Pretty sure Q5 was proving that the line segments were perpendicular - I got the gradients as -10/4 and 4/10 :smile:

Eyy! I think I got that too lool. The problem is, I spent 30 minutes on that question - I got it wrong 3-4 times lol idk if I'll get any marks.
Wowee I am pleased :biggrin:
Worst case: 55/70
Best case: 61/70

Excellento! A*^ confirmed.
Original post by Chittesh14
Eyy! I think I got that too lool. The problem is, I spent 30 minutes on that question - I got it wrong 3-4 times lol idk if I'll get any marks.

Well surely if you got the right answer you should at least get some marks, if not all. Usually if they see the correct answer, even with no working, they award full marks - maybe not for proof questions though.
I kept getting the last one wrong as I kept writing (3n)² as 3n²...god I am dim sometimes haha
Excellento! A*^ confirmed.

Yayyy!!! Just got to nail paper 2 now - this is a much better score than I thought walking out of the exam tbh, I'm really happy now :biggrin:
Well surely if you got the right answer you should at least get some marks, if not all. Usually if they see the correct answer, even with no working, they award full marks - maybe not for proof questions though.
I kept getting the last one wrong as I kept writing (3n)² as 3n²...god I am dim sometimes haha

Lol, don't worry.
At least you didn't read 4 questions incorrectly, so you're on the safe side!
What topics appear on paper two?
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
What topics appear on paper two?

Anything lol, I'll help after Thursday when I revise all day on Thursday :smile:.
And also on Wednesday !
Does anyone remember the exact question for the one that you needed to find m and p for
Original post by jjjppp272727
Does anyone remember the exact question for the one that you needed to find m and p for

mx + 4 - 2(x+p) =(triple) 6(x+1)
Lol, don't worry.
At least you didn't read 4 questions incorrectly, so you're on the safe side!

I know - I realised after 10 minutes of staring confusedly at it wondering why I was getting w as n rather than 3n :colondollar:
Oh no! What happened?
I know - I realised after 10 minutes of staring confusedly at it wondering why I was getting w as n rather than 3n :colondollar:
Oh no! What happened?

I don't know. I always revise for the exam 2 hours before at 10:00 night and then I end up revising till 1:00 but only do 1 hour out of the 3 hours -_- and then wake up early alongside with sleeping late. Too tired - such a lazy guy, don't even bother reading the questions properly because I can't be asked. Idk I'm like the biggest idiot - who doesn't read questions lol.
I am officially the biggest retard. Hence why, I have to change proper.

Quick Reply