The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDystopia
All early rumours are now pointing out that KD has signed to Boston!

What?!?! I read 2 days ago it was pretty much locked he was resigning
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
What?!?! I read 2 days ago it was pretty much locked he was resigning

Which is why I said earlier GSW and Boston are the two he's been considering even though the likelihood is very slim :tongue: He's had several meetings with both teams and OKC the past few days.

Still awaiting the Players Tribune article though, all rumours at the moment.
Which is why I said earlier GSW and Boston are the two he's been considering even though the likelihood is very slim :tongue: He's had several meetings with both teams and OKC the past few days.

Still awaiting the Players Tribune article though, all rumours at the moment.

Yeah it's just very surprising to hear that Boston rumours are floating around.
Per @royceyoung on ESPN, Kevin Durant has begun calling teams and letting them know his decision

So I suspect we'll all find out very soon. The anticlimax if he doesn't join GSW or BOS :tongue:
Reply 324
All early rumours are now pointing out that KD has signed to Boston!

WTF No way :O Link please???
Per @royceyoung on ESPN, Kevin Durant has begun calling teams and letting them know his decision

So I suspect we'll all find out very soon. The anticlimax if he doesn't join GSW or BOS :tongue:

If he joins GS RIP the NBA for the next 5 years, If he joins Boston RIP KD's career :colonhash: If he resigns with OKC RIP Western Conference :colone:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
If he joins GS RIP the NBA for the next 5 years, If he joins Boston RIP KD's career :colonhash: If he resigns with OKC RIP Western Conference :colone:

Western Conference has been fine so far with him in it!

Original post by eden3
WTF No way :O Link please???

Yahoo Sports apologised for releasing an article saying he would join Boston, so I guess they had one prepared for each team and accidentally let one out. It's been removed now. There's all sorts floating around, Bogut has removed everything Dubs related from his twitter too. Offloaded for KD? Edit: And Iggy too ;__:
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-durant-nba-free-agency-announcement/

KD has joined the Golden State Warriors.

Edit, since the site is down obviously, here's the text:

This has been by far the most challenging few weeks in my professional life. I understood cognitively that I was facing a crossroads in my evolution as a player and as a man, and that it came with exceptionally difficult choices. What I didn’t truly understand, however, was the range of emotions I would feel during this process.

The primary mandate I had for myself in making this decision was to have it based on the potential for my growth as a player as that has always steered me in the right direction. But I am also at a point in my life where it is of equal importance to find an opportunity that encourages my evolution as a man: moving out of my comfort zone to a new city and community which offers the greatest potential for my contribution and personal growth. With this in mind, I have decided that I am going to join the Golden State Warriors.

I’m from Washington, D.C. originally, but Oklahoma City truly raised me. It taught me so much about family as well as what it means to be a man. There are no words to express what the organization and the community mean to me, and what they will represent in my life and in my heart forever. The memories and friendships are something that go far beyond the game. Those invaluable relationships are what made this deliberation so challenging.It really pains me to know that I will disappoint so many people with this choice, but I believe I am doing what I feel is the right thing at this point in my life and my playing career.

I will miss Oklahoma City, and the role I have had in building this remarkable team. I will forever cherish the relationships within the organization the friends and teammates that I went to war with on the court for nine years, and all the fans and people of the community. They have always had my back unconditionally, and I cannot be more grateful for what they have meant to my family and to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Dunno how I feel atm
So details are emerging of the deal. Bogut is expected to be traded, several teams interested, to account for cap space.

KD signing a 2 year, $54.3mil deal, Player Option for year 2, He was sold on the idea of creating a dynasty as well as easing the load on Steph Curry. Contact between KD and GSW has been there for months and he informed OKC's GM directly of his decision.
Its all over. KD has signed with the warriors
Bruh
Original post by blackened_sky
Bruh

m8
m8

Death lineup has evolved

wtf
Death lineup has evolved

x

Mmmm it's so good.
Is there even a point in following the next NBA season?
I'm so giddy
Moving my bags to GSW. Been a fan of KD since Texas so I have no choice lol
I'm so giddy

I ran downstairs to tell my Mum cause I was so excited. My mum who cares 0% about basketball :lol:

Further points coming out:

- Dubs expected to renounce their rights to Ezeli, so he's now a UFA
- Deal helps steady Under Armour's rising popularity, since Nike/KD can now cut into Curry/UA
- NBA has been blamed for this, not accounting for the huge spike in the Salary Cap which made this possible (See: Howard Beck of Bleacher Report)

Quick Reply

Latest