The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Lol someone just posted a comment about how if GS sweep their way to the finals this season LB is just gonna be like f*** it and make the Wade/Melo/CP3 superteam with no f**** given :rofl: NOW THAT, I would love to see... would be the greatest NBA rivalry of all time no doubt.

I don't think Cavs would get swept. Also LOL at some of us this year when we thought the Cavs would be potentially swept after GSW took a 2-0 lead.

Awww man that team has me drooling.... they're all in their 30's but it'd still be a ****ing beast team.
Smh I'm simultaneously arguing w 4 guys on instagram rn, what am I doing with my life. 'He's a top player and deserves to play on a top team' Because OKC was... bad?

OKC aren't bad, the Dubs are just better. As I said earlier, look at it objectively and it makes logical sense.

Original post by eden3
Congrats Warriors fans! Never thought it'd happen but you guys must be feeling elated right now!

Elated yup, loving all the salt pouring in from all other 29 fanbases. Also loving the complete over reactions of everyone. (See: The NBA is dead etc). You can tell people are letting their emotions get in the way of discussing actual basketball to such a high extent. Any serious conversation has to wait till people have either cried enough, or just gotten over it.

Good points from BBA

5 Bold Predictions for Warriors 2016-17 NBA Season:
The Warriors do not beat their 73-9 record.
- Gaining KD but losing Barnes, Bogut and Ezeli can do more bad than good. Combination of role players rather than one superstar is more beneficial to a team, especially when KD is an offensive player, and the Warriors lose some quality defensive players.
Curry nor KD win the MVP award.
- Both their stats will decrease as they play with eachother, it will be hard for one of them in particular to shine when they are both big time offensive scorers along with Klay, and don't do a whole lot else on the court. They will clash in the MVP award voting.
Warriors will not win the NBA championship in 2017.
- LeBron didn't win his first year joining the superteam of Wade/Bosh or Irving/Love. I don't think KD will either. Plus, losing Bogut in the finals gave the Cavs a big advantage offensively when attacking the rim. Now GSW will not have Bogut at all, along with other big role players.
Warriors will still make the NBA Finals, and be first seed in the West.
- Who's going to contend for the top spot in the West now? OKC most likely aren't. But let's not forget the Spurs, they will be hungry.
The Warriors bandwagon will be bigger than ever, along with their hatewagon being bigger than ever. Similar to the Miami Heat back in 2010-11.

Hey look, an example of an actual basketball post.

1) Not a bold prediction. I've yet to see anyone who thinks 73-9 can be broken. 65-70 wins I'm expecting given the bench will have less depth, and minutes will have to be managed VERY well to make sure KD now clicks on the team. That or however many games it takes to secure number 1 seed (Think it took us till the 70th win to actually clinch cause the Spurs pushed us so hard).
2) Yup, either would have to have a season equivalent to Steph last season to win MVP, and given you now have 3 of the best shooters of all time in Steph, Klay and KD on the same team...yeah the points are most likely going to be spread around. I can see KD or Steph getting somewhere around 24-26ppg, with Klay dropping off to maybe 18-20.
3) Now this IS a bold prediction. When you consider that despite losing Bogut the series was tied up until the final minute of the 7th game, I'm confident it can be done now we have KD's offense. And as for Bogut, we'll have to wait and see who is going to be picked up. I'm sure plenty of veteran big players are going to be lured in by an almost guaranteed ring. We'll have to await till the end of Free Agency to see what the final roster looks like. Suffice to say, the starting lineup is unrivaled.
4) Not bold at all. I think it's 100% they'll be 1st Seed and almost as guaranteed they'll reach the Finals from the West.It's a bit like the East now. Who else but Lebron is going to reach 1st seed/Finals there? No one.
5) Not a bold statement, but again an obvious one and agreed. All the people who jumped off cause we lost to the Cavs are now going to jump straight back on. As for the hatewagon, I think it's already set off and stopped in at all 29 fan bases :tongue:
No offense but not of those are bold prediction. Seen it mentioned everywhere. But people are reaching claiming warriors are somehow going to be worst off. They won't be. Let's not forget that in Mike brown they acquired the biggest obstacle to lebron getting a ring. And he'll probably hide any defensive flaws this deal might cause.

Original post by Malevolent
KD and Curry can kiss any chance of a MVP regular season. They just lost that right.

Yh THEY care. ........

Big fundamentals leaning towards retirement :frown: though it'll suck, I think he should go.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lakers should be going hard to get OKC to trade RW. OKC should hit the reset button.

Anyways, hard to feel sad for OKC tbh.
Paul Pierce throwing massive shade at Durant :lol:
About the melo wade bron cp3 super team. **** lets do it.

Them with kehlani ex vs RW Steph klay KD DG/ boogie.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 386
In case you haven't already seen it - I think you'll like this vid mate :wink: :biggrin:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/stephena/videos/607710042732256/[/video]
Reply 387
I said a while back I think this could be the start of OKC going back to Seattle. :sad:
Original post by eden3
In case you haven't already seen it - I think you'll like this vid mate :wink: :biggrin:

Watched it live. Was disappointed. Just said what he said earlier. When it got to the Knicks I thought it'd become golden but that was short lived. I actually want him and skip to debate this for entertainment reason.
Original post by Bryci
I said a while back I think this could be the start of OKC going back to Seattle. :sad:

Don't think Seattle would take thunder back. I don't think they want to out another city through what they went through. That said they must be loving this.
Original post by Malevolent
Paul Pierce throwing massive shade at Durant :lol:

I can't wait for open court. Cwebb is going ti be pissed.
Reply 391
Original post by atom y humber
Watched it live. Was disappointed. Just said what he said earlier. When it got to the Knicks I thought it'd become golden but that was short lived. I actually want him and skip to debate this for entertainment reason.

Same man! :lol: I really wanted him to start talking about the Knicks but he moved on :frown:
Reply 392
Original post by atom y humber
Don't think Seattle would take thunder back. I don't think they want to out another city through what they went through. That said they must be loving this.

Oh trust me they would. Seattle fans loved that team. It really hurt them and theres no doubt they would take the Thunder back if they can. And yeah i think the Seattle fans are loving this right now.*
Reply 393
Dem boy paigon, I can't stand 'em...
Reply 394
No point watching the NBA lol :lol:
Reply 396
Original post by TheLittlestElf
No point watching the NBA lol :lol:

Poor Celtics, seemed like a possible good fit for Durant. If Durant went there it wouldn't have been such a dick move :tongue:
Reply 397
Original post by Bryci
Poor Celtics, seemed like a possible good fit for Durant. If Durant went there it wouldn't have been such a dick move :tongue:

Lol, joining any team except the team that just beat you in the WCF wouldn't be seen as a dick move :wink:
Original post by eden3
Lol, joining any team except the team that just beat you in the WCF wouldn't be seen as a dick move :wink:

haha good point about that :lol:
Original post by eden3

Stephen A with the FACTS as always

Quick Reply

Latest