The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE- American Applicants (Loan applications)

Hey,

does anyone know when we will be able to apply for American loans? the website said we could start applying on June 1st but the 2016/2017 cost of attendance spreadsheet has not been posted yet.

I'm just nervous about how long it will all take and applying for my visa.
Reply 1
Hey!

I'm on the same boat. I emailed the Fees office and they said the COA spreadsheet should be updated beginning on July. So we should be waiting until then I suppose. In the meanwhile, I think you should start your visa application as it's quite cumbersome.
(edited 7 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
jgm
OP
Original post by unagi
Hey!

I'm on the same boat. I emailed the Fees office and they said the COA spreadsheet should be updated beginning on July. So we should be waiting until then I suppose. In the meanwhile, I think you should start your visa application as it's quite cumbersome.

Don't we need the COA to complete loans and the visa though? Hopefully it is not too bad. I think the visa should take a couple of weeks max?

I wish they would have updated it in June when the website said so :/
Reply 3
Original post by jgm
Don't we need the COA to complete loans and the visa though? Hopefully it is not too bad. I think the visa should take a couple of weeks max?

I wish they would have updated it in June when the website said so :/

We do need the COA to complete the visa application but the application is a lot more than just funding your studies. It asks for information re: previous travel, passport information etc that was very tedious for me to track down. I think it would be helpful to get all of the application done (except for the loan part) so that when LSE releases the new COA, you can just worry about that part of the application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending