The Student Room Group

A-Levels

I'm actually REALLY hyped for A-Level triple science and maths! I don't why but I can't stop smiling for some reason? What about you guys? Are you ready to study as soon as they start?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

I've done the same subjects this year for AS and trust me your enthusiasm will soon fade. But good luck anyway and feel free to ask for any advice if you want:smile:
Original post by HopelessMedic
I've done the same subjects this year for AS and trust me your enthusiasm will soon fade. But good luck anyway and feel free to ask for any advice if you want:smile:

Oh ok, what you planning on doing in university?
Original post by Shazen
Oh ok, what you planning on doing in university?

I'll likely be applying for medicine this year. Have you got any ideas on what you may like to do?
I'll likely be applying for medicine this year. Have you got any ideas on what you may like to do?

Nice, what uni? I'll probably do physics or Engineering.
Reply 6
Original post by Shazen
I'm actually REALLY hyped for A-Level triple science and maths! I don't why but I can't stop smiling for some reason? What about you guys? Are you ready to study as soon as they start?

Everyone is like that at first, but then that enthusiasm turns to dust and disappears 6 months into A-levels. Rest while you can.
Original post by kkboyk
Everyone is like that at first, but then that enthusiasm turns to dust and disappears 6 months into A-levels. Rest while you can.

Haha! I've heard quite a lot of people say that
Original post by Shazen
Nice, what uni? I'll probably do physics or Engineering.

Not sure yet. If I was you id try and get some work experience sorted before you start you a levels when you you've got more time, instead of worrying bout it during the year.
Not sure yet. If I was you id try and get some work experience sorted before you start you a levels when you you've got more time, instead of worrying bout it during the year.

Yeah true!
Original post by Shazen

hahahha dude don't get too excited as i find mental breakdowns not that fun myself mate
Original post by fefssdf
hahahha dude don't get too excited as i find mental breakdowns not that fun myself mate

I think I'll cope.
I was like you once... enjoy the summer whilst you can!
Original post by Shazen
Haha! I've heard quite a lot of people say that

when I first heard people talking about alevels and how hard they are I just thought they were all lazy and over exaggerating but honestly if you aren't prepared to put the hours in then those A grades will slip away ; I know people with A*'s at gcse who have gone on to get C's at AS so idk i guess just be prepared for it to be harder than you think cause you can't really anticipate it . ideally start learning some of it in the summer - maths especially - you could buy the textbook cheap off eBay and actually have a go
Original post by fefssdf
when I first heard people talking about alevels and how hard they are I just thought they were all lazy and over exaggerating but honestly if you aren't prepared to put the hours in then those A grades will slip away ; I know people with A*'s at gcse who have gone on to get C's at AS so idk i guess just be prepared for it to be harder than you think cause you can't really anticipate it . ideally start learning some of it in the summer - maths especially - you could buy the textbook cheap off eBay and actually have a go

Yeah that's what I plan on doing
Original post by h8skoooooool
I was like you once... enjoy the summer whilst you can!

Hahaha!:smile:
Original post by Shazen
Yeah that's what I plan on doing

I actually started learning c1 in the summer but ended up with a B in the exam lol i guess this just goes to show you gotta start asap
Original post by fefssdf
I actually started learning c1 in the summer but ended up with a B in the exam lol i guess this just goes to show you gotta start asap

Ohh, are you doing A2 now?
Original post by Shazen
Ohh, are you doing A2 now?

I am - 1 exam to go and I'm freeeeeeeee - well not really cause maths degree in the autumn hahah hElPpp lol
Original post by fefssdf
I am - 1 exam to go and I'm freeeeeeeee - well not really cause maths degree in the autumn hahah hElPpp lol

Haha! :smile: what subject is left? And don't worry just work hard and you'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest