The Student Room Group

UCAS application form - disability section

I am applying for the 2017 university year and I was wondering if it's a good idea, whether to state my disability (hearing impaired) on the disability section. Would my disability affect my chances of getting into particular universities, if I do put it down?
Also, what kind of details would I say in the description box of my special needs?
Thank you :smile:
I mean it's down to you, I wouldn't have thought it could hurt your chances any - I imagine it would be illegal to discriminate on this basis, as with employment law.

Regarding any additional requirements...do you need any? If so, put them down. If not, put "None required".
Original post by Sophielialou
I am applying for the 2017 university year and I was wondering if it's a good idea, whether to state my disability (hearing impaired) on the disability section. Would my disability affect my chances of getting into particular universities, if I do put it down?
Also, what kind of details would I say in the description box of my special needs?
Thank you :smile:

They dont see that part of the questionnaire until they've given you an offer according you ucas and from personal experience i had to tell universities when offered interviews that i was dyslexic and they didn't yet have that information themselves.
Declaring on your ucas is a personal choice, i d advocate for telling them before you start as you/asap as getting adjustments and dsa sorted takes time so if you wait till you start at the uni, you'll be without support for a good month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending