The Student Room Group

Start studying for A-levels?

Would it be a good idea to start learning the basics of my A-level subjects? Should I start studying for my back up subjects as well if I change my mind on results day?

Also, could anyone help me learn for psychology a-level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
you should've started studying for A-levels when you were in Year 4 ...gosh
Original post by Jodie_mort
Would it be a good idea to start learning the basics of my A-level subjects? Should I start studying for my back up subjects as well if I change my mind on results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a break from studying and for a week or so and if you want to get back to it its up to you i for one im doing minimal studying till august 18th
Yeah take a good break ! But I would get the basics into your head before u go back to school cause when u get to a2 it will help you soooooo much !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Jodie_mort

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, I would just take the summer off. Yeah, you might be able to get a jump start on the content, but depending on what you do it won't matter much if at all. My school set us 'summer work' to which only my German work came in any use simply because that was a bunch of magazines to improve our vocab.
But yeah, take the summer off and wait till results. To be honest, if you're set on doing 'something' for your subjects, the time between results and school is enough time to get a bit of a head start anyway.

Hope this helps!
Reply 6
Original post by PLJohn
Honestly, I would just take the summer off. Yeah, you might be able to get a jump start on the content, but depending on what you do it won't matter much if at all. My school set us 'summer work' to which only my German work came in any use simply because that was a bunch of magazines to improve our vocab.
But yeah, take the summer off and wait till results. To be honest, if you're set on doing 'something' for your subjects, the time between results and school is enough time to get a bit of a head start anyway.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Felisemartin
Yeah take a good break ! But I would get the basics into your head before u go back to school cause when u get to a2 it will help you soooooo much !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by debs20153
Take a break from studying and for a week or so and if you want to get back to it its up to you i for one im doing minimal studying till august 18th

Okay thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
What subjects are you doing?
No, waste of time. Just start fresh from the academic year - more than enough time to get good grades if you start then. Enjoy your time off! Most likely you will forget everything :/ so none will be useful.

If you're very eager on it, my advice is to just read and get to grasp with concepts but nothing deep:smile:.
Reply 12
Original post by aladdin818
No, waste of time. Just start fresh from the academic year - more than enough time to get good grades if you start then. Enjoy your time off! Most likely you will forget everything :/ so none will be useful.

If you're very eager on it, my advice is to just read and get to grasp with concepts but nothing deep:smile:.

Okay thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by ChrisP97
What subjects are you doing?

Psychology/biology, travel and tourism, business, and health and social care

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending