The Student Room Group

Name dropping UNIS in PS

I was wondering if it was risky to do this? I plan on talking about the UNIQ Oxford summer school that I'll be attending this summer and the KCL Sutton trust one. However, I'm worried if I mentioned them, my uni choices might figure out that I'm applying to Oxbridge as 1 of my 5(A significant number of UNIQ attendees do go on to apply to Oxbridge as it targets those students with strong potential from state schools ) Would I then be less likely to get offers from some of my lower choices as they assume I wouldn't firm them if I got an offer from Oxbridge?
dont
No, definitely mention them! You wouldn't be any less likely- they're schemes to get people interested and involved in higher education, not specifically a gateway to Oxford :P

Good luck!!!!
Original post by saeed9756
dont

O h
Original post by teenhorrorstory
I was wondering if it was risky to do this? I plan on talking about the UNIQ Oxford summer school that I'll be attending this summer and the KCL Sutton trust one. However, I'm worried if I mentioned them, my uni choices might figure out that I'm applying to Oxbridge as 1 of my 5(A significant number of UNIQ attendees do go on to apply to Oxbridge as it targets those students with strong potential from state schools ) Would I then be less likely to get offers from some of my lower choices as they assume I wouldn't firm them if I got an offer from Oxbridge?

No. Utterly and completely false.
Reply 5
Original post by teenhorrorstory

Not risky at all. It will make zero difference.

Original post by saeed9756
dont

rubbish.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Not risky at all. It will make zero difference.

rubbish.

Original post by ageshallnot
No. Utterly and completely false.

Thank you both! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending