The Student Room Group

Do I apply on student finance as home or international?

I'm a UK national and studied in England up until sixth form when I moved abroad (outside of the EU) and I have lived here for 3 years doing sixth form. I applied to university as home status and got home status without any questions but I'm now trying to apply for student finance. One of the questions is "In the 3 years before the first year of your course, did you live outside the UK at any time?" and I am wondering if I should select yes or no. Will my uni be able to see this and withdraw their home status offer? And will my chance of getting a student loan decrease if I am to admit that I have lived outside of the EU for 3 years? Just wondering what the implications are as I need a student finance but can't afford for international fees.
As far as I know, you can't apply to student finance at all. To get a student loan you need to have been resident in the UK/EEA for the three years prior to their course starting, so you will have to pay international fees.

See here for detailed information: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Home-or-Overseas-fees-the-basics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending