The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by veldt127
If you have the right answers and showed a valid method, you'll get the marks :smile:

I see.. I was really worried..I need to get at least 90 UMS in c3
Reply 642
Original post by fefssdf
yeh but i just hope because i attempted the quotient rule and did -1/m to get the gradient of the normal that i might get 1 M1 mark... just 1 mark is all I'm asking for argh !!!

It's good to be optimistic if i were you i'd be more concerned with the differential equation and integration by parts and the vector questions that are going to come up in c4 tomorrow good luck.
Original post by jbaten
It's good to be optimistic if i were you i'd be more concerned with the differential equation and integration by parts and the vector questions that are going to come up in c4 tomorrow good luck.

see i love all of that stuff ; the way i see it if you don't know it the day before then you're not gonna know it by the exam :smile:
Reply 644
Original post by fefssdf
see i love all of that stuff ; the way i see it if you don't know it the day before then you're not gonna know it by the exam :smile:

That is indeed true.
what do we think is needed for A* or A?
8b, if i got the right sizes but the wrong directions so all are opposite signs would that be -4 marks?
For the iteration q, could you also sub in 1.4365 and 1.4375 into x-1/2ln(1/2x+17)? that also gave a change of sign?
(edited 7 years ago)
How much would 71/75 be?? (Thank you in advance!)
So what do we think the A* boundary will be?
Original post by saarah_soldier
So what do we think the A* boundary will be?

Maybe 67?
Original post by President J
what do we think is needed for A* or A?

My guess would be A*-67 and A-60.
Reply 653
If you take -4 out the constant becomes -5 .so you cant cancel.I did the same.will the marker ignore that part becuase the correct answer is right above it
What do you think A* would be for C4???
Original post by Engineerrookie
What do you think A* would be for C4???

69/70, easier paper than last year which was 68
Original post by Nadun97
If you take -4 out the constant becomes -5 .so you cant cancel.I did the same.will the marker ignore that part becuase the correct answer is right above it

I don't know what question you're talking about specifically but mark schemes usually say that incorrect working following a correct answer should be ignored - i.e. if you try to simplify a correct answer but make a mistake, you will get full marks. This doesn't apply if e.g. the question asked you to leave your answer in a specific form or if you went on to use the incorrect answer in a later part of the question, but I'm guessing it covers the question you're talking about here.
Original post by Nadun97

I dome exactly the same, I assumed it did because it said leave it in simplified form, let's hope they give us full marks but at most they'll minus one I think
Original post by jamiemok
I dome exactly the same, I assumed it did because it said leave it in simplified form, let's hope they give us full marks but at most they'll minus one I think

Often in the mark scheme it will say "Ignore any subsequent working" so you've got a good chance of getting full marks. Unless if in this question this was done on purpose to catch people out in which case you might lose one

Quick Reply

Latest