The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Biomedical Science Third Year Modules

Hey guys! I'm gonna be starting my third year this year and I want to know what the module content will be for third year. Any ex-Biomed Aston students out there?? The Aston website says the name of the modules for third year but there are no details. I want to start revising or at least become familiar with the content before uni starts. Also how many credits each module is etc. Thank you!!!!!
Hey, I’m a year 13 thinking about applying to biomed @ Aston, what do you think of the uni, the vibes, the actual degree itself? It would really mean a lot, thanks.

(Also what do most of the biomed student usually progress to : medicine, masters, industry...etc)
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Gumballfan
Hey, I’m a year 13 thinking about applying to biomed @ Aston, what do you think of the uni, the vibes, the actual degree itself? It would really mean a lot, thanks.

(Also what do most of the biomed student usually progress to : medicine, masters, industry...etc)

Hi there,

I'm a biomed graduate from Aston, currently studying medicine still at Aston. My years as a biomed student were great, the staff are all very helpful and friendly. The labs are well equipped, and you're given chances to carry out labwork both during term time as part of your course work or over the holidays helping out PhD students and researchers.

One good thing about the Aston university biomedical science degree is that it is accredited by both the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) and the Royal Society of Biology (RSB), the BSc Applied Biomedical Science qualification is also approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Accreditation is very important if you intend to become registered as a Biomedical Scientist with the HCPC. All applicants seeking a route to HCPC registration who hold a non-accredited degree will be required to have their degree assessed by the IBMS and may need to undertake additional learning to acquire the requisite level of knowledge.

Biomed students usually progress to do a lot of things, most I personally know are doing exactly what they wanted to do. I know people that have gone into teaching, drug discovery, clinical research, pharmaceuticals, medicine, masters, industry, etc.

I would say Aston has good 'vibes'. It's a small university so everyone you encounter looks and feels very familiar to you, this helps with the overall student life and gives you a sense of community. It is easy for you to get involved in university activities and with the student union, this allows you to stand out as an individual. The campus is situated in the Birmingham city centre which provides for an overall interesting and vibrant social scene.

*Ethel

Quick Reply

Latest