The Student Room Group

Love Physics but bad at it

Scroll to see replies

Where are you planning to go with your degree? For most courses that aren't chemistry, physics will probably be more useful.

Incidentally, why do further maths and maths count as two choices?

When I did them at 6th form they counted as a single choice where you did A level maths year 1 and A level further maths year 2, while doing your other A levels as normal.
Reply 21
Wow, I've never expected to get this many replies. Thanks to all of you. I had fully given up on Physics but now hearing that some of you were in the exact same position I was in but decided to keep Physics and are actually doing okay in physics now, I wil definitely give it more though.

Next year in Maths and Further Maths we're doing Mechanics 1 and 2 so that might help if I do decide to keep Physics. Also, I did consider a Maths degree but I'm copletely oblivious to the possible careers that might be open for me with a Maths degree?
Reply 22
Original post by Elivercury
Where are you planning to go with your degree? For most courses that aren't chemistry, physics will probably be more useful.

Incidentally, why do further maths and maths count as two choices?

When I did them at 6th form they counted as a single choice where you did A level maths year 1 and A level further maths year 2, while doing your other A levels as normal.

In the 6th form I go to now, we do Maths alongside Further Maths. So this year we did C1, C2 and S1 for maths and FP1, D1 and S2 for Further.

Well I wanted to do Aeronautical Engineering at first but Physics turned out to be alot harder than I thought. Now I'm considering Chemical Engineering since I found that although some unis require Physics, there are some that require only Chemistry and Maths alongside Further or another science
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest