Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

From England, moving to Wales, Access Course

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    First off let me just say I'm sorry for posting this thread twice. I know that's generally frowned upon and I normally wouldn't, but it's a 50/50 split where to post this, and I'm really eager to get the right info. If it's absolutely not allowed and one needs to be locked then so be it, but I hope it isn't an issue as a one off.

    So I'm moving to Cardiff in August (currently looking for the right accommodation) and am really in need of (preferably) a grant/bursary fund, otherwise a good student loan. I'm currently working a normal job and am putting away money every week, and by the time I'm ready to move I should have about half of my full funding needed for the nine months, including rent/utilities, food/transport and course cost. I can't apply for a loan through gov.uk because I won't be studying in England, and I am quite sure I can get a small but reasonable grant through Wales gov, but am wondering if anybody knows of any other funding that might be available to me. Its very hard and frustrating to research, because most sites don't seem to cover this criss-cross in-between England and Wales situation, and I feel I'm missing on information for the best opportunities. It also seems like when I search, I'm getting a lot of blogs by people that are just copying info from other places in order to get clicks and are otherwise unhelpful. I really want to know the range of possibilities I have before me. Any information at all would be really helpful at this stage, so I really appreciate your input.


    Because you're iin further education, there's only help with your tuition fees.

    Hi Phantomhill

    If you have permanently moved to Wales, you can apply through Student Finance Wales. You can also speak with the university to see if there is any option of bursary.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.