The Student Room Group

Cardiac Physiology (Healthcare Science) 2016 Grades

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone could help me.
I applied for Cardiac Physiology at Swansea, Leeds, Middlesex and Southampton.
I got accepted by them all, but I chose Swansea as my firm offer as the grades are most achievable (BBB).
However, I think I've messed up my Biology exam and potentially only got a C, but think I may have an A in Geography and have a secure B in ICT. Does anyone have any experience or opinions as to whether they'd accept ABC (300 UCAS points) instead of BBB (also 300 UCAS points) ?
I know there are very limited places on courses such as these, but I did feel as though my interview went really well ... But now I'm worried 😔

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Original post by ffionl13
I got accepted by them all, but I chose Swansea as my firm offer as the grades are most achievable (BBB).
However, I think I've messed up my Biology exam and potentially only got a C, but think I may have an A in Geography and have a secure B in ICT. Does anyone have any experience or opinions as to whether they'd accept ABC (300 UCAS points) instead of BBB (also 300 UCAS points) ?
I know there are very limited places on courses such as these, but I did feel as though my interview went really well ... But now I'm worried 😔

Thanks

Hi
I applied for the same course and so have some information for you which might help you.
Looking at your question I can see that you have answered it pretty much yourself without realising. The are very limited places for this course and so if you miss your offer, YOU MISS IT. But i'd say don't worry about it as they can still consider you through clearing or on other factors such as your interview and how you presented yourself.
Dont stress too much over it, whatever has been done, is done & cannot be changed.
All the best.
Reply 2
Original post by moneymania999
Hi
I applied for the same course and so have some information for you which might help you.
Looking at your question I can see that you have answered it pretty much yourself without realising. The are very limited places for this course and so if you miss your offer, YOU MISS IT. But i'd say don't worry about it as they can still consider you through clearing or on other factors such as your interview and how you presented yourself.
Dont stress too much over it, whatever has been done, is done & cannot be changed.
All the best.

Thank you 😄
Yeah I'm hoping so. Just need to wait until Results Day now.
Do you mind me asking where you've applied? 😊
Good luck also!
Thank you 😄
Yeah I'm hoping so. Just need to wait until Results Day now.
Do you mind me asking where you've applied? 😊
Good luck also!

Yes good luck.
I've applied to Middlesex (Firm), Wolverhampton (insurance), Swansea, Leeds, and Southampton.
But I am really contemplating Middlesex University as I was told during the interview process that the course is accredited but on its official website it says it isn't. Then on other websites it is and vice versa. So im very confused.
Reply 4

Thanks

Hi how was your interview at these universities and how much work experience did you do? I am planning on applying to this course next year can you give any advice before applying?

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by Sayfi
Hi how was your interview at these universities and how much work experience did you do? I am planning on applying to this course next year can you give any advice before applying?

Thanks!

Hello. I applied for this and had quite a bad experience. My advice to you is that you defiantly do need some work experience before you start the application process. I left my work experience very last min as in the day before my third interview and I did it just for the day. I think you will need a weeks experience and I did mine at the royal Oldham hospital. I found it very interesting but a lady there wasn't every happy with her job as everyone she knew that had graduated from the course was on 26 K and she was still on 18. So was not very... enthusiastic and basically told me it wasn't a good job to have. Some advice before you start: Get work experience before you apply for the course The selection process involves a lot of interviews and you really need to be prepared for them!!! You need something that will help you to stand out from other candidates so do something interesting this summer like NCS dose not need to be related to the course. You really need to do the research properly... like how many universities offer the course and how far they are too you. Also what are the entry requirements. I know you should do all of this because it is everything I did not do! I was only offered the course by one of the universities that I applied too... Which was Leeds! This was actually the Univesirty that I wanted to go to all along but now its a wait till results day.. Hope you find this useful and good luck! If you need help when it comes to interviews just ask.
Reply 6
Original post by maz15
Hello. I applied for this and had quite a bad experience. My advice to you is that you defiantly do need some work experience before you start the application process. I left my work experience very last min as in the day before my third interview and I did it just for the day. I think you will need a weeks experience and I did mine at the royal Oldham hospital. I found it very interesting but a lady there wasn't every happy with her job as everyone she knew that had graduated from the course was on 26 K and she was still on 18. So was not very... enthusiastic and basically told me it wasn't a good job to have. Some advice before you start: Get work experience before you apply for the course The selection process involves a lot of interviews and you really need to be prepared for them!!! You need something that will help you to stand out from other candidates so do something interesting this summer like NCS dose not need to be related to the course. You really need to do the research properly... like how many universities offer the course and how far they are too you. Also what are the entry requirements. I know you should do all of this because it is everything I did not do! I was only offered the course by one of the universities that I applied too... Which was Leeds! This was actually the Univesirty that I wanted to go to all along but now its a wait till results day.. Hope you find this useful and good luck! If you need help when it comes to interviews just ask.

Thank you soooo much:biggrin:... What questions did you get asked in your interview. I also really want to go to Leeds do you have any other interview advice as i am really scared about interviews and am not very good at them. Thanks again.
Reply 7
Original post by Sayfi
Thank you soooo much:biggrin:... What questions did you get asked in your interview. I also really want to go to Leeds do you have any other interview advice as i am really scared about interviews and am not very good at them. Thanks again.

Sorry for the late response! I got into Leeds!!!! Anyways interview question..,. they are different for each University. But each of them had a common theme which is talk about yourself. You need to have some good skills and you need to be confident. Man met asked me things like tell us about yourself? How did you find this course? Why not nursing? Most unis actually compared the course to another and asked why not study that? Leeds asked me the same sort of question but with Leeds the interview process was very different as the where VERY VERY nice. They took the pressure off and it wasn’t exactly an interview and the wanted you to do well. It made things much easier…. Middlesex was a group interview and asked scenario based questions. Things like how you react if this happen and we discussed it as a group. Sorry I don’t remember much about the kind of questions they asked but my advice to you is that you need to be confident. Don’t put yourself down. I’m not very good at interviews and it really got to me. If I could do it all again I would do all the research before an interview, understand why you want to study the course and have lots of passion for why you want to study it.
Reply 8
Original post by maz15
Sorry for the late response! I got into Leeds!!!! Anyways interview question..,. they are different for each University. But each of them had a common theme which is talk about yourself. You need to have some good skills and you need to be confident. Man met asked me things like tell us about yourself? How did you find this course? Why not nursing? Most unis actually compared the course to another and asked why not study that? Leeds asked me the same sort of question but with Leeds the interview process was very different as the where VERY VERY nice. They took the pressure off and it wasn’t exactly an interview and the wanted you to do well. It made things much easier…. Middlesex was a group interview and asked scenario based questions. Things like how you react if this happen and we discussed it as a group. Sorry I don’t remember much about the kind of questions they asked but my advice to you is that you need to be confident. Don’t put yourself down. I’m not very good at interviews and it really got to me. If I could do it all again I would do all the research before an interview, understand why you want to study the course and have lots of passion for why you want to study it.

Congratulations on getting into leeds:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: and thanks for the advice.
Reply 9
Original post by H011aaa
I'm very busy now but I will inbox you soon in the next few weeks and give you the lowdown on interviews at each uni, I did middlesex, MMU, Swansea and Leeds and got offers from all. In the mean time, I can't emphasise this enough- FIND WORK EXPERIENCE, it took me 7 months to get it so start now!

I have found work experience however they said they cannot let me do it becuase I have to be 18 inorder to go into cath labs etc

Quick Reply

Latest