The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good good. Just didn''t appreciate being tarnished as a horrible person!
Hey! Pm-ed you.
Reply 22
It is possible, providing there are no fitness to practice issues.

You will have to disclose your condition, else risk getting kicked out of med school/struck off if it comes to light that you concealed something deliberately.

The med schools in question may review your medical notes, if they feel they need to to make an informed decision. They will definitely call you in for an extra interview with an occupational health doctor - this is for two reasons 1) to make sure you are fit to practice, and 2) to see if they can offer any specific help to allow you to complete your studies with the correct support.

I have a 'significant' history of eating disorders, and got called in for an extra interview. The occ health peeps were really nice, and recommended that the school honoured my offer of a place. They did, however, say that if I had applied in the misdt of my worst episode, there would have been no way that they could have 'sanctioned' me, for my own safty, not that of others... I was only 4.5 stone then!!!

Anyway! It is all do-able, and honesty is your best bet. It allows the school to know what help you might need if they offer you a place. I'm now approaching the end of my 3rd year, and I'm our school welfare officer next year!

Good luck!
xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending