The Student Room Group

Lifeguarding NPLQ Qualification

Hiya,

Just a quick question to any current lifeguards. Some NPLQ's come with AED and sometimes first aid and/or emergancy first aid on top of the regular qualification.

I was wondering how much these are valued when applying for a job (specifically the AED) as I'm unsure whether to go (a little) out of my way to opt for an alternate course with the AED qualification which is a little inconvienient but do-able.

Thanks,

Callum
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Callumkm
Hiya,

Just a quick question to any current lifeguards. Some NPLQ's come with AED and sometimes first aid and/or emergancy first aid on top of the regular qualification.

I was wondering how much these are valued when applying for a job (specifically the AED) as I'm unsure whether to go (a little) out of my way to opt for an alternate course with the AED qualification which is a little inconvienient but do-able.

Thanks,

Callum

I'm doing my course right now and I would really recommend doing the course with the emergency first aid section as well as they are looked for when applying for lifeguard jobs and are also very useful if there is a situation outside of the workplace where you could use your CPR, choking etc knowledge to save someone's life. Hope this helps :-)
Reply 2
I've now done my course and passed. It had an AED bolt on but not the emergency or standard first aid - only what was in the course already. However I felt that this was enough. If you've got any queries about the course then just ask Grace.
Can you tell me what the course content was? Meaning, why it takes 6 days to complete? Where there any uncomfortable or awkward moments?
Original post by Callumkm
I've now done my course and passed. It had an AED bolt on but not the emergency or standard first aid - only what was in the course already. However I felt that this was enough. If you've got any queries about the course then just ask Grace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending