The Student Room Group

Film practice Southbank or Foundation Ravensbourne ?

Hi everyone, I have an offer to get in 1st year in Film Practice at LSBU and another one to make a Foundation in Art&Design/Media Production at Ravensbourne. I would love to have some advice as I don't really know which one to choose... Thank you, any information welcome !
Original post by leeoh
Hi everyone, I have an offer to get in 1st year in Film Practice at LSBU and another one to make a Foundation in Art&Design/Media Production at Ravensbourne. I would love to have some advice as I don't really know which one to choose... Thank you, any information welcome !

Hi Leeoh,

I am a student here at Ravensbourne and I am completing a degree in animation, and also attended a foundation here as well.

My advice to you is which you feel would benefit you more :smile: I came from a fine art background, so I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to move on to do, also in doing fine art I was not exposed to much tech or digital equipment. So moving onto a foundation first was my way of getting myself out there and trying something new first. If you do a foundation you still have the freedom to revert back to something else for degree, so this is a year for you to explore and get to know what you really want. :biggrin:

As I was unsure of myself the whole time, foundation year is a chance for me to build on skills I do need (e.g. photoshop and stuff) but never had. Also gave me some time to think it over and build on my portfolio a bit more. Jumping from traditional art to suddenly animation is a big step so foundation is my stepping stone. I do also have friends within the course who did not complete a foundation but went straight to a degree, they were very sure what they wanted and also had the fundamental digital skills already. These are my main reasons for me having done a foundation first

If you are confident and happy to proceed forward with the degree, by all means go for it :biggrin: But in my opinion it does not hurt to have a year to make new skills, or even build on ones you already have.

I hope this helps.
Jay :smile:
Reply 2
Hi Jay
thank you very much for your message, it's very helpful. I will go for the foundation year as it will help me find out what I really want to study afterwards.
Best
Leeoh
Original post by leeoh
Hi Jay
thank you very much for your message, it's very helpful. I will go for the foundation year as it will help me find out what I really want to study afterwards.
Best
Leeoh

You're welcome and I'll pass the message to Jay :biggrin:

We wish you luck and we hope to see you soon! :colondollar:

Ahlia :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending