The Student Room Group

‘Fanatic’ Muslim mob torches 80 Christian homes in Egypt over church rumour

AN ANGRY crowd destroyed dozens of Christian homes and properties in an Egyptian village last week in protest over rumoured plans to build a church.

The Muslim mob, which were described as “fanatic” by a terrified witness, began wreaking havoc at a Christian-owned building which was under construction.

The crowd believed it was set to be turned into a Christian church and took umbrage, setting fire to the building and other nearby Christian properties.

They also destroyed the construction materials and injured Christians who attempted to reason with them.

Christian resident Mousa Zarif said: “On Friday afternoon, following Friday noon prayer, a great deal of fanatic Muslims gathered in the front of the new house of my cousin, Naim Aziz, during its construction because of a rumour spread in the village that this building would be turned into a church.

read more:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/682091/muslim-mob-torch-christian-homes-egypt
Reply 1
I'm certain this has everything to do with Western culture and foreign intervention. One thing I can guarantee that isn't involved is Islam.
It's sad to think that in this day and age you'll find people who are still willing to commit acts of violence for non issues such as these.
They've been doing crap like this for years.
a continuation of the norm

Religion of Peace (tm)
Reply 5
Very tolerant of them
Reply 6
Just following their peaceful prophet of terrorising anyone that criticises them
Reply 7
Original post by Several
Just following their peaceful prophet of terrorising anyone that criticises them

They weren't criticised in this case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending