The Student Room Group

Boy troubles - advice please

So Iv been with my boyfriend for 11 months now (I'm 18) and I know I love him, and we're going on holiday soon. But there's this other guy, and Iv liked him prior dating my current boyfriend, I liked him for about 2 years, and in the past we've gotten together at party's, and when I was on a break with my boyfriend this guy told me he had feelings for me and we almost got together. It's like I still have a soft spot for this guy, even though me and my boyfriend are good now. I still find myself sometimes thinking about him and what could've been. He's got a girlfriend now but he can still be flirty towards me, and he admitted he had a soft spot for me. He has a bit of a reputation, and I know my boyfriend isn't worth loosing him over. I just don't know what to do, how can I make this guy leave my mind?
Original post by hestiaoya
So Iv been with my boyfriend for 11 months now (I'm 18) and I know I love him, and we're going on holiday soon. But there's this other guy, and Iv liked him prior dating my current boyfriend, I liked him for about 2 years, and in the past we've gotten together at party's, and when I was on a break with my boyfriend this guy told me he had feelings for me and we almost got together. It's like I still have a soft spot for this guy, even though me and my boyfriend are good now. I still find myself sometimes thinking about him and what could've been. He's got a girlfriend now but he can still be flirty towards me, and he admitted he had a soft spot for me. He has a bit of a reputation, and I know my boyfriend isn't worth loosing him over. I just don't know what to do, how can I make this guy leave my mind?

Don't interact with him. Don't talk with him. You are both in relationships. Come on.

Out of sight, out of mind.
tfw someone steal my thoughts :K: :ditto:
You have to find out how serious the other guy is tbh. Ask him to send a nude or something see how he responds. Seriously it doesnt matter how long you've been dating your boyfriend. You need to find out how much this guy likes you. Also if you make your boyfriend jealous he will stay with you more, its just a fact because you're wanted more. So try to hug the other guy and stuff like that even if you're just friends. This is the best advice anyone will give you here tbh.
Reply 4
Original post by fatima1998
tfw someone steal my thoughts :K: :ditto:

Ello beautiful
[QUOTE=hestiaoya;66000135]So Iv been with my boyfriend for 11 months now (I'm 18) and I know I love him, and we're going on holiday soon. But there's this other guy, and Iv liked him prior dating my current boyfriend, I liked him for about 2 years, and in the past we've gotten together at party's, and when I was on a break with my boyfriend this guy told me he had feelings for me and we almost got together. It's like I still have a soft spot for this guy, even though me and my boyfriend are good now. I still find myself sometimes thinking about him and what could've been. He's got a girlfriend now but he can still be flirty towards me, and he admitted he had a soft spot for me. He has a bit of a reputation, and I know my boyfriend isn't worth loosing him over. I just don't know what to do, how can I make this guy leave my mind?

Well that should answer it tbh, since you've already acknowledged what you have with your boyfriend isn't worth losing, just remember that when you think about this other guy. Also you mentioned he has a bit of a reputation, he could be flirting with many other girls and telling them he has a 'soft spot' for them, so just think of it this way everytime you think about this other dude, your boyfriend really does care for you and loves you, whereas this other guy is most probably just playing around and isn't worth your time and attention.

Quick Reply