The Student Room Group

Worried my grade will be lower than my offer for uni - any advice?

Hi,
I received an offer from Leeds Uni to Study Computing in September.
I am currently studying on a Computing Degree through a college and am in first year.

My offer terms are that I need 75% on my first year which is a First.
Due to some unavoidable circumstances this year a couple of my modules slipped which has left me in a pretty tough position.

The way my course works unlike other degree courses is that any mistakes or late submissions automatically become capped at 40% whereas at other unis it would be lowered 5% each day the work is late for example.

I know two of my 6 modules are capped at 40% so its almost impossible to get the required grade to meet my offer.
I have received pretty good grades in some of my assignments:
Module 1 - A) 89% B)80% - (83% OVERALL)
Module 2 - A) 29% B) 42% (Capped at 40%OVERALL)
Module 3 - A) 46% B) 40% (Capped at 40% OVERALL)
Module 4 - A) 71% B) Not received grade
Module 5 - A) 70% B) Not received grade
Module 6 - A) 55% B) Not received grade

I know that its the two 40% modules that will drag me down, I have 210 UCAS points on top of my degree year but I guess they were already considered with my offer.

I will know my final grade will be lower than the 75% but bearing in mind I have been on a degree course and not A-Levels does anyone recon they will be open to discussing my offer with me. I am absolutely passionate about this course and after a couple of rough years I am really trying my best to get to where I want to be.

Any advice about how to approach calling the university or what to say to them?
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice you can offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending