Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post


Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Im the single mother of a 4 year old who will be starting Reception in September when Im set to start uni. I currently work average 30 hours but I am resigning in a month because I want to focus on uni and my son for a few months until I get a good routine and I am unsure whether or not Id be able to afford a sitter and everything else.

    Ive applied for the maximum maintenance loan but have only been granted the minimum. In order to get the maximum i need to show evidence that I will be receiving benefits when I start uni. How would I do this?

    Should i resign early and get on benefits now or is there another way to show this?

    Many thanks

    You need to be warned that if you resign, you may not even get benefits.

    Hi hermindworks

    Please speak with the DWP to check your eligibility for benefits.
    We may request a letter from the DWP to show what benefits you are eligible for. If you need to discuss the funding please call: 0300 100 0607

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.