The Student Room Group

c3 thoughts

does any one have unofficial ms
Reply 1
Chemistry GCSE edexcel C3 unofficial ms
The question on ethyl ethanol the confused me because it asked for the formula of it which is obviously C4H8O2 however, the rest of it was drawn so I didn't know whether to draw it or just write it out.
Original post by Heardmanator
The question on ethyl ethanol the confused me because it asked for the formula of it which is obviously C4H8O2 however, the rest of it was drawn so I didn't know whether to draw it or just write it out.

what? you had to draw ethyl ethanoate
Reply 4
I drew it
Original post by caitlinford3
what? you had to draw ethyl ethanoate

The question asked for formula so I was unsure of which to do, whether to draw it or literally state the formula.
Reply 6
did the question ask for disadvantage for domestic use of hard water or advantage. i forgot
Reply 7
the question on the second page
Original post by MohAhmedRS
did the question ask for disadvantage for domestic use of hard water or advantage. i forgot

Disadvantage
Reply 9
what did you write for the impurities question. why they were desposited there.
Reply 10
also did it ask for the formula and name for ammonium hydroxide.
Reply 11
Original post by MohAhmedRS
also did it ask for the formula and name for ammonium hydroxide.

I think it just wanted the hydroxide and the formula as OH^-. Well thats what I put.
Reply 12
do you think i will still get the marks if i put NH4OH and Ammonium hydroxide
Reply 13
Original post by Heardmanator
The question asked for formula so I was unsure of which to do, whether to draw it or literally state the formula.

I did both. I drew it and write the formula.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
What did you write for the question about the dissolved solids in hard water- it was a question like how would you identify them without using soap. I put adding Sodium Hydroxide and then white precipitate for identifying calcium ions. Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hard water contains aluminium because aluminium sulphate is added to remove small solids in water however the disadvantage to this is that high aluminium levels has links to alzheimers disease.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending