The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just a few hours ago.

I've gotten into reading again for the first time in about a year thanks to Harry Potter lol!
Reply 41
i used to be forced to read a lot when i was younger - then i had difficulties completing a book for a while (i get easily distracted :p:) but now im back to reading and enjoying a good book, especially now i have more time on my hands
and have worked out what type of book i actually like
so, the last book i read was 'eleven minutes' by paulo cohelo which i finished this morning :biggrin:
I love reading sooo much. At the moment I'm into a guy named "richard feynmann", who won the nobel prize in physics in 1965, and writes very interesting stories about his life. :biggrin:
Reply 43
Bubblebee
o rly?

Published?

Not really no

It was a dark place quote :p:

Reply 44
Apart from revision guides I haven't for a while :s-smilie:
Reply 45
im in the middle of reading a book right now :smile: its called Jane Eyre...ooo i love it!
Reply 46
Last night. :smile:

But really, i only read about once a week.
Reply 47
Is this thread a piss take? I don't understand how people could not read books, no wonder most the people in the country are uncultured oiks. Surely at some point you just have to read a book for some reason or other, otherwise how would you ever know anything?
puppy
Is this thread a piss take? I don't understand how people could not read books, no wonder most the people in the country are uncultured oiks. Surely at some point you just have to read a book for some reason or other, otherwise how would you ever know anything?

It's pretty obvious it's not a piss take.
I think the thread title is a little ****ty though, and 'Have you read a book recently' would have been more accurate (going by the 1st thread).
Reply 49
i was reading a lot up till easter (ie a book a week) when exams went and took over. Should try nd get back into the flow of reading tho, have starting crime & punishment

oh, nd on behalf of my bro (hes 23ish, im nearly 20 - dont wanna be 20 :frown:)- i dont think he's ever read a book voluntarily in his entire life (not including textbooks)
NJA
Apart from textbooks when was the last time you read a book ?

Don't be ashamed if it's a loooong time, I'm suspecting people hardly read books these days.

Are you kidding me? I absolutely love reading, I'd probably die without reading LOL ever since my parents locked me in my bedroom when I was about 12 with a copy of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' ive loved reading. But I havent read anything since I started revising like two months ago, last book I think I read was Angels and Demons :smile: speaking of which can anyone recommend me my next read?
Haha, its been atleast 2 years since I even attempted to read a book and about 3 years since I completed one- even then It was only an autobiography.
Im one of those people who has a genuine dislike for reading, I just cant get into books I feel bored almost instantly. No matter how well its writtern or how interesting it is (in terms of subject matter), I just dont really care what happens next or what might happen and cant be bothered in general.

Whenever I do read, it has to be non- fiction.
I've read two and a half today.
Reply 53
Just finished one this morning.
Reply 54
megx
I've read two and a half today.

Qué? To a baby? That's cheating!
Reply 55
Last night for me (Misfortune). Wanted to read for longer, but started to fall asleep (not 'cause the book is boring). :biggrin:
I also very rarely go out without a book on me, my reading levels are going to drop dramatically if I ever learn to drive.
Reply 56
Read none after GCSEs but i really should to improve my vocabulary. I don't read because everytime I try to read books (including textbooks), i fall asleep with 5-10minutes of reading the book.
Reply 57
I go through sporadic bouts of reading, I could read four or five substantial books in a month sometimes and then I might go 3months without reading at all.

I'm currently reading my way through the Harry Potter books in order to prepare myself for the new one coming out, I don't think I'll buy it until I've reread the other 6. I'd like to point out I don't normally read childrens books, Harry Potter happens to be an exception.
Reply 58
Thud
reading one on Stalin's hangmen atm, along with 1905 by Trotsky. the last story book was about 2 weeks ago: some short stories by Tolstoy.

the last really good book i read was the devils by Dostoevsky. i get very annoyed because i read quite slowly though :frown:

Tell me you don't just read Russian or Rusian orrientated only literature. :smile:

The Devils was OK but it had to many characters to keep track of, endings good though.
I'm surprised how many people here prefere non- fiction to fiction. I very rarely meet people in rl who read non- fiction in their spare time. I have to admit, most of the non- fiction books i've read are for school, except for the odd biographies. I've read some popular Science, but don't think i finished any of them :redface:. Personally i find fiction a lot more interesting, especially fantasy.

Latest

Trending

Trending