The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics B - P4 P5 P6 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by some-student
I'm not too sure, but I think regardless of the resistance of either, the voltage comes out of the same place:

Yeah I said just one v out as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
I was beginning to doubt myself, thank you so much for researching!

No problem :smile:.
For the boat one, I think it was Y.

For X, this diagram shows that you would get a resultant of 0m/s:

[ATTACH]554870[/ATTACH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure that the logic gates were all the ones on the left of this pic ??
Original post by GCShElpme
Just thought I'd add a few things. :smile: Using this, I think I've managed to get 23-4 marks- that's a good start!

Ok thanks :smile: I will update my markscheme.

And 23 or 24 is amazing! :smile:
b) Explain the purpose of boron rods but explain why they need to be removed some times [2]
absorb excess neutrons (NOT ELECTRONS) to stop reaction going out of control (1)

BBC bitesize says:

"For example, two cars may be travelling at 15 m/s. If they are side by side and travelling in the same direction, their relative speed is zero. Someone looking across from one car to the other will see the other car keeping pace with them. However, if the two cars are travelling in opposite directions, their relative speed will be 30 m/s (15 + 15)."

Very confused now.
[QUOTE="Tea2345;66008952"]ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466595221.031502.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 12.16.29.png
Ok thanks :smile: I will update my markscheme.

And 23 or 24 is amazing! :smile:

Thank you! Maybe that'll make up for my other stupid mistakes in P5, aha.
Original post by mallington11
b) Explain the purpose of boron rods but explain why they need to be removed some times [2]
absorb excess neutrons (NOT ELECTRONS) to stop reaction going out of control (1)

Woops - was a typo :smile:
Original post by mxskaan
BBC bitesize says:

"For example, two cars may be travelling at 15 m/s. If they are side by side and travelling in the same direction, their relative speed is zero. Someone looking across from one car to the other will see the other car keeping pace with them. However, if the two cars are travelling in opposite directions, their relative speed will be 30 m/s (15 + 15)."

Very confused now.

I just found this aswell:

Very confused too :smile:

I asked my physics teacher and she said 'if you are speaking about relative velocity you add them if they're going in the opposite direction'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mallington11
Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 12.16.29.png

So there wasn't a nor gate like everyone is saying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I asked my physics teacher and she said 'if you are speaking about relative velocity you add them if they're going in the opposite direction'.

I'm so confused... I'll put both answers on the mark scheme :smile:
Original post by Tea2345
So there wasn't a nor gate like everyone is saying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The gate they gave us does not exist on the internet! Lol, I actually cannot find it...
So angry, knew that the logic gates was a NOR gate but I thought they wouldn't include that in the exam, so I interpreted it as a OR gate. OH FFS.
Original post by Chittesh14
So angry, knew that the logic gates was a NOR gate but I thought they wouldn't include that in the exam, so I interpreted it as a OR gate. OH FFS.

I thought it was a NOT gate

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the p6 6 marker I only wrote 0.4 s not 0.45s would I still get the marks ?
Original post by Tea2345
I thought it was a NOT gate

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the last one before the output - there was an OR gate with a circle behind it.
Original post by mxskaan
BBC bitesize says:

Very confused now.

That's relative but they asked for resultant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest