The Student Room Group

A level sciences any chance I could still get in?

I really want to do A levels Biology and Chemistry at a level because I really enjoy them. My school requirements includes a B in all modules of Chemistry,Biology and Physics.

I've done the double award of science so have already got my grades in core science. I got an A in Biology and Chemistry and a B in Physics. However this year when taking my additional I've messed up and let stress get to me.

I didn't perform as well as I could have as I didn't revise to best of my ability. If I'm lucky to pass Biology and Chemistry there's no way I could pass Physics I left out so many questions. I guess I just want to know my options of what I can do.
Original post by Lea170
I really want to do A levels Biology and Chemistry at a level because I really enjoy them. My school requirements includes a B in all modules of Chemistry,Biology and Physics.

I've done the double award of science so have already got my grades in core science. I got an A in Biology and Chemistry and a B in Physics. However this year when taking my additional I've messed up and let stress get to me.

I didn't perform as well as I could have as I didn't revise to best of my ability. If I'm lucky to pass Biology and Chemistry there's no way I could pass Physics I left out so many questions. I guess I just want to know my options of what I can do.

Wait until you get your results then speak to your school. There's not much else you can do. If you really want to do these A levels and your school won't let you, would you be prepared to study them elsewhere (or perhaps study them yourself from home)?
How many sixth forms/ colleges have you applied for?? My friend and I were going to switch to a sixth form away from our secondary school, but she didn't get the grades for science and ended up going back to the sixth form attached to our old school. If you've applied to more than one place, then it shouldn't be difficult to get in to the science courses as long as you get like Cs or something because one of the places you've applied for will have those grade requirements hopefully.

If you've not applied to anywhere else then I guess you could ring around schools on results day and see if they have any more places but I doubt that they will to be honest, most interviews and applications are due in in Feb/March time, mine was due in even earlier.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending