Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anxiety obout my life - do i need therapy?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

So i don't know how my anxiety has gotten worse but I am questioning everything about my life at the moment.

I have graduated but I am regretting everything and every choice i have every made. i feel like my past bad experiences have influenced the way I have made choice in life.

I was bullyied and isloated by me friends at one point agess ago in school. i never used to have bad anxiety issues back then, but since then I could not even walk into a class without feeling nervous and I couldn't even speak up. i never had this issue before this horrible experience with my year group. I guess I just felt really intimidated by how eveyone was acting and they really did hate me.

I started focusing soley on my studies and put alot of pressure on myself to d well academically which i thought would help me in my career one day. However istruggled to find any job with my academics and i was a nervous wreack who no one would hire.

I chose subject to study in Alvels which i thought would avoid having to face the people who made my life hell, I just couldnt face how much they ignored me and the way they treated me it was humiliating.

I even went to a university where i wouldnt have to face them.I felt like everyone i knew had ditched me , my personality changed and I became extreamly nervous although before i was popular and friendly. I was never in a good mood which cause me to become more isolated.

I know academics are important but this experience made me think that was all I had to offer a potential employer and when i dindt do so well, I broke down compleltely. I have now got my degree. but i still have not regained my social life and self confidence. I jsut feel like i dont deserve to be happy. I have a job but i still feel not good enough to progress in any career. i still cannot get up in a room full of people and speak!!

I see peolple who studied easier subjects than me and still get to the place i am and i get angry that i didnt just take the easy route aswell.

I dont go out much, and apart from work I have no social life and i am getting really stressed out and alone with my worries. Life feel really difficult and is a complete contrast to the person i used to be when I was younger whol experienced life fully. I have forgotten how to enjoy life and be amibitoud again. i feel liek i am wasting away my potential.

If this makes sense i woudl appreciate any advice.

I think cognitive behavioural therapy might be a good idea. Talk to your GP and see if they'll give you a referral x
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.